IGNORED

snoring

granty

I'm a bad snorer and it's going to be a real problem when I movie in with my missus - basically neither of us get any shut eye when we're together because she doesn't get a wink and I'm constantly getting elbowed in the back and told to shut up. I've heard a recording of it, and it is ridiculously loud.

Has anyone had an operation for this, or had any success with treatments like nasal strips etc?

I too would like to know any other not-so-absolutely-hilarious suggestions as I snore like a bastard. I sometimes wake myself up it's so loud.

don't drink, smoke or snort class a's ever again.

i packed in the cigs 3 months ago and it hasnt made a blind bit of difference, i don't do coke unless its given to me, and not drinking's simply not an option... looks like i might have to sellotape my grid shut every night.

you can buy little nasty clips that physcially lock the snoring bits of said throaty bits away if you can understand this post of awful sentence construction anyway

Guest Drahken

I just give my wife a good nudge which disrupts the snoring without waking her up 100%. Works most of the time for me.

Are you overweight? That often causes snoring. I would assume sinus problems do as well.

Snoring is a big problem in the military. They came up with a solution with an injection to the roof of the mouth that causes scarification that takes care of the problem. Kind of extreme though.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1317...mless-shot.html

Guest mrcopyandpaste

take the coke that gets given to you, and sell it on

or get a little air tap in your throat that you can open at night, and just breathe through that or something

Breathe only through your nose, at all times.

Doesn't work mate - being a chronic snorer as I am, I can attest to this. The part that makes the snoring sound is the bit of skin hanging down between your nasal cavity and your throat/mouth opening.

Guest Enter a new display name
apparently if you learn to play the didgeridoo it works the same muscles that cause snoring.

Therefore Aphex Twin doesn't snore. :angry:

• 7 months later...

i've started snoring pretty bad lately. i always sleep on my side but i breath through my mouth cos i've only got one good nostril from getting my nose broken years ago. alcohol and smoking makes it 10 times worse.

i even wake myself up. i don't know how my mrs puts up with it... i don't think i could tolerate her doing the same.

i was out at a gig last night and had about 5 pints of guinness so spent the night being elbowed and kicked awake.

double yawn.

take the coke that gets given to you, and sell it on

or get a little air tap in your throat that you can open at night, and just breathe through that or something

that

and get a voicebox too

you can even sample it to make awesome "electronica" tracks

Archived