IGNORED

Glade 2008

Guest Jimbob

id be more than happy to meet up with anyone based purely on the fact that you use watmm and i use watmm, but i cant think of a logical way of doing it

Well, I'll be meeting an assortment of people from various forums in ID Spiral (or whatever it's called now) on the Thursday from 8pm onwards.

Not sure how helpful that is seeing as you have no idea what I look like nor I you, but just throwing that out there.

I hate to say it but I think BCM is right about the weather - so much so that this weekend I'm finally going to buy a tent with a porch :laughing:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, good plan - i didn't have a porch last year and i couldn't open my flap (sAfrican American) without loads of rain coming in and couldn't put my muddy shit anywhere that wasn't inside my tent....and take wellies!

Guest Lifetime Member
yeah, good plan - i didn't have a porch last year and i couldn't open my flap (sAfrican American) without loads of rain coming in and couldn't put my muddy shit anywhere that wasn't inside my tent....and take wellies!

that made me lol

unless it was on purpose, then no lol.

Guest Coalbucket PI

when it gets to thursday i'll trust the weatherman but if it rains I dont give a fuck, the only problem it causes is that every other cunt is complaining instead of having fun

when it gets to thursday i'll trust the weatherman but if it rains I dont give a fuck, the only problem it causes is that every other cunt is complaining instead of having fun

This is very true!

And as for wellies - I never go to festivals without them!

Too right about the porch, you don't want to bring all the mud into your tent with you, that was one of my resolutions from last year. My main problem last year was I didn't get wellies till the sunday, until then I was putting a plastic bag over my socks and then into my shoes. Messy, sweaty and a pain to get on and off without making loads of mess and taking ages. Once I got boots it was fine aside from the supreme fuck up that was the carpark. Tractors dragging cars out that were stuck and in the process carving up the field so that cars that were previously stuck couldn't get out. We finally escaped by driving over a bridge made out of barriers that went through the hedge, over the gutter and onto the road. We were very happy to get out and it was in quite a humorous manner but it was a most shitty end to the weekend in terms of organisation.

lol, yeah getting out was well tricky! we didn't even have a car - got picked up by our mate about a mile down the road from the site... just getting to the car park at the front of the site was a right mission though - carrying loads of stuff through knee high mud and torrents of water! took us about an hour and a half just to get to the gates.... I remember seeing loads of cars getting pulled out by tractors and the occasional boy racer in a souped up Fiat Punto trying to rev and wheelspin his way out....

Guest Jimbob

Myself and a mate managed to avoid most of that by leaving straight after Pusher on Sunday evening, but i did hear it was a fucking ballache...i even saw an old Jaguar with mud up to the hubcaps...unlucky!

In other news, the weather looks to be on the slightly showery side of reasonable, i've just got hold of a shiny new tent and some 2CB.

Looks like it's gonna be a cracking weekend!

Guest Jimbob

Sick!

I haven't actually gotten round to hearing your stuff either mate so I look forward to it.

I might even say hello and buy you a pint!

Just confirmed that I'll be playing at Glade on Saturday, 12 Noon - 1pm, opening the Overkill tent. See u guys tharr

Nice one - Overkill's like my second home when I'm there so I'll be there for sure :)

Guest Coalbucket PI

think im gonna pitch my tent this afternoon and whack on some waterproofing spray. pessimism will save us all

Guest butane bob

I'm going to this. I went on my own last year. Met up with Kalpol_Introl who was stewarding. Yeah the weather was shit and the toilets next to the pussy parlure were swimming in a mixture of mud, piss and shite so you didn't know what you were wading through. It was a stark reminder that without proper sanitation we are still mere animals. Crazy to be tripping in that kind of environment.

The sound was absolutely rubbish in Overkill but that was due to them not getting the intended tent in place due to weather, hence no funktion 1 sound system. I have high hopes that after that mess things can only get better. This was the only major letdown.

The mud was manageable. I didn't take out any money before getting there, so the queue for the ATMs looked like a nightmare at first. Turned out I stood in it for best part of an hour and got talking to some really cool folk who I bumped into again at regular intervals throughout the weekend. Watching people flounder in the mud in various tranquilized states was fantastic entertainment too.

On the last night I was still dancing to cheesy trance at the last open stall in the pitch black, then when that finally let up, headed back to the tent and consumed large amounts of K with my friendly neighbours. Off home, tripped on a guyrope and fell flat on my face with my bag on my back. Walked back through Heathrow with clods of mud still falling off my boots. Good times!

Guest blutac

That was a wicked festival, enough to dispel the madness of last year. nice n dry. Clark's set was fucking incredible, easily the best set of the weekend, and they finally turned the sound up for it! Seen him a couple of times before and thought he was good but nothing incredible, this was really something else. We eventually figured out that breaksday and overkill were alternating between loud and quiet in turns depending on who was playing.

still hate psy trance, got to the stage now where Ill take the long route around just to avoid having to walk through it. Really good to see a lot of dubstep at overkill, breaks, and ID spiral.

Complaints.. slightly too much gabba, very shit lineup compared to every other year.

Positives - some really good sets - still very good overall quality and price of drugs on sale

Best moment of the week - finding an ice cream van which was selling 99 flake for 99p!!!!!!!!!!!

got to get up for work in 7 hours.....

my mate rang me yesterday to play wisp down the phone at me live from glade

i was asleep though

thats 3 times ive missed wisp live in 2 months

i am crap

edit: 1 month

Just got back from a very crazy weekend at Glade Festival, Autechre, Rob Hall, The Bug, The Doubtful guest and Clark were excellent. Caspa and Rusko, Noisia, Current Value, Bass Cleff, Jeff Mills, Plastician and Vex'd were decent. Daedelus, Remarc (mainly because of volume and playing a pendulum track) and Frequency 7 (also volume) were a bit of a let down. Weather was mostly great, generally a really good festival this year despite a load of friends not coming after a disappointing time last year.

Beauty.

Archived