IGNORED

Glade 2008

Guest Jimbob

Oh yeah, lest i forget, Wisp's set was superb, plenty of new material and lots of bangers, he was also friendly modest and handled random people harrasing him with panache!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great weekend, spoilt only by having major girl issues to worry about all weekend which ruined Thursday and Friday for me pretty much (Friday was wank anyway, Bangface was pretty awful this year)... really enjoyed Saturday and Sunday, the journey home was shit due to being dumped by text when I was in a service station. Nice.

Good to see you Ben!

Guest Iain C
Great weekend, spoilt only by having major girl issues to worry about all weekend which ruined Thursday and Friday for me pretty much (Friday was wank anyway, Bangface was pretty awful this year)... really enjoyed Saturday and Sunday, the journey home was shit due to being dumped by text when I was in a service station. Nice.

Good to see you Ben!

Harsh stuff mate, hope you're doing OK. My girl and I had a screaming argument on the Tube on the way home last year.

Good to see you Ben!

nasty. never go to a festival with your bird.

Cheers mate, not in the best way at the moment. I didn't actually go with her, she wouldn't enjoy the whole camping thing. Or the music. It's probably the worst way a relationship has ended for me actually. Nothing like being dumped when you're on a massive comedown trying to decide which type of crisps to buy at a BP. I don't even know why yet, I have to wait until tomorrow for an explanation!

Wisp was fucking wicked.

Sorry to hear about the girlfriend issue man. I was thinking for a while whether to invite my ladyfriend, but decided against it in the end. Can't see it being much fun!

Cheers mate, not in the best way at the moment. I didn't actually go with her, she wouldn't enjoy the whole camping thing. Or the music. It's probably the worst way a relationship has ended for me actually. Nothing like being dumped when you're on a massive comedown trying to decide which type of crisps to buy at a BP. I don't even know why yet, I have to wait until tomorrow for an explanation!

shit man, sounds well harsh.... all the best mate, hope you feel better soon...

Guest Jimbob
Nothing like being dumped when you're on a massive comedown trying to decide which type of crisps to buy at a BP.

Sorry mate, but that made me lol.

Someone threw themselves in front of a train i was on at around 10:00am on Thursday (can't predict that can you) which made me a good few hours late, camped with a few Bangface regulars and got pissed up on the first night.

Friday wasn't that fantastic (Bongra was bollocks, and the sound levels were just pretty embarassing)

Far too much fucking dubstep though. I only caught the second half of Autechre's set but it was probably the hardest i've ever heard them. Current Value killed it, wasn't into DJ Donna Summer but Shitmat playing scouse house for 5 minutes was a bit of a giggle, i'd hate to be those sound engineers though...fuck

Very impressed with Wisp, well done mate. Clark played the best jungle i heard all weekend, then i had a quiet (reasonably) sunday night to make sure i got back without too much difficulty. If you were by our camp near the top of the hill then i can only apologise for our horn antics[/i].

Not sure i'd go next year again unless the lineup was stupidly good, i might do the Oxfam thing though.

Boki, nice costume!

There was this dude in the Overkill on Friday I think it was, I wish I got a picture of this, but he had a costume on that made him look like he was this overgrown baby on his mothers back. It was incredibly well made and fucking hilarious! Anyone see him?

Yeah good to see you Tom, shame about stressfull girlfriend antics, it's incredible that a girlfriend could ruin your enjoyment without even being on site, tough luck!

Yes Clark's Jungle was truly rinsing, best Clark set I've seen out of 5 and they were all good! Suprise of the weekend was Doubtful Guest, I've seen her before and found her banging techno kicks and acid too much to handle. This time however, she played a nice portion of fast acid jungle a la Squarepusher, it was delicious. Autechre surpassed even their prior London show, although matching volume levels would have been a treat. Good to hear Wisp playing some really weighty bass tracks alongside styles exhibited on previous releases, he promised a rudeboy set and delivered!

The weather was good enough for me to get sunburned so no complaints there!

Guest Jimbob
There was this dude in the Overkill on Friday I think it was, I wish I got a picture of this, but he had a costume on that made him look like he was this overgrown baby on his mothers back. It was incredibly well made and fucking hilarious! Anyone see him?

No, but i did see one of those costumes last year.

What about the giant Mr Men character?

Far too much fucking dubstep

I know what you mean, that was my prob last year. I love dubstep but there was just too much and its not really the right environment.

It's taken over from gabber as the-overplayed-boring-stuff-that-no-one-really-wants-to-hear-but-has-to-sit-through-because-its-the-only-alternative-is-psy-trance-and-something-good-will-be-on-soon.

Another great year but not the best in 5 years. Highlights - Autechre, Rob Hall, Current Value, Hellfish, The Doubtful Guest, Plumps, Drumattic Twins. I personally had a great Bangface night and Friday was the best eve of the weekend. Jeff Mills was fairly shit but I expected that anyway..

Not sure if I'll go next year unless the line up tops.

No, but i did see one of those costumes last year.

What about the giant Mr Men character?

Ah yeah, Mr Bump was so awesome I gave him 2 gold stars! I tried to give Saint Acid a gold star, but I think he thought I was offering him drugs, 'cos he said, "End of the night"!

Guest Coalbucket PI

Autechre, Wisp, Clark, Red Snapper, Jeff Mills all were brilliant. Many exciting drugs. Good weather. No hastle from security and much less police than last year. I camped under the trees with all the coloured lights on them so i could never get lost too. Bangface was the shittest part, really unbelievably quiet especially during Remarc. I left in a huff but I had to go back for Hellfish even if I could barely hear it. They won't be able to get any good artists to play ever again if they can't be relied on to turn up the volume a little bit. Saturday night was a lot more acceptable sound levels.

Good reports folks - look forward to autechre. Doubtfulll guest is such a honey and play amazing music.

solo - sorry to hear about gal problems. I went with an ex once, got togther all weekend then she tried to stab me when we got home and she was on a major come down.

Here he is, that fucking legend!

PS. SoloStrike, I can't believe I was camped beside a WATMMer all weekend. Fancy that!

post-1262-1217011246_thumb.jpg

We get everywhere! I should of issued my rallying call of "WATMMMMM HOOOOOOO" when I arrived

Still not talked to the ex yet, she's been ignoring the situation since the texts on Monday. However I do have some of her clothes and her rather expensive looking watch here. I'm trying to work out what despicable things I can do with them!

Guest Iain C

What size is she?

I cross-dress so. Just imagine telling her "No, I gave your jeans to a guy on the internet!"

We get everywhere! I should of issued my rallying call of "WATMMMMM HOOOOOOO" when I arrived

Still not talked to the ex yet, she's been ignoring the situation since the texts on Monday. However I do have some of her clothes and her rather expensive looking watch here. I'm trying to work out what despicable things I can do with them!

Cash Converters for the watch for sure. Well, if you want to sell if for five quid anyway....

Archived