IGNORED

Unreleased etc.

Guest PusillanimousRex

Guest PusillanimousRex

So, considering how many of my older uploads have expired by now, and since I've finally found time to compile material again and re-upload it, I'm resubmitting a collection of Plaid tracks that have never seen official release on any digital medium, and/or most likely won't be released in any foreseeable future.

Of course, anyone who downloads this will have to provide me with a signed and notarized guarantee to the effect that if Ed and Andy ever decide to release any of this material again, you will immediately plunk down your hard-earned cash for an honest copy as compensation for this blatant copyright violation.

I'm limiting this to tracks by Ed and/or Andy, excluding remixes and collaborations, as well as anything by the Black Dog as a collective or as a possible collective wherever I'm not 100% sure. Basically, I haven't included anything that anyone else might still stand to make a buck off in the future, or that is currently on the books for anyone - particularly Plaid themselves, or that is readily available for free elsewhere (i.e.: Awotm). This means no 'Soleil & La Mer', no 'Twelved', no 'Bumfluff', no 'Fell', and so on.

Included here are:

Atypic: Everything, Otaku, Pillars & Mirrors

Balil: Dowa Mondai, Flux, Hammers, Island Paradise (thanks to Sweetwood for the link), Merck (Premix)

Close, Up, Over: Pjum

Plaid: Caretstik (Video Mix), Itsu, Erazor (Big Chill), Erazor (Brighton), Plaid & Zoë Martlew 'Untitled (Excerpt)', Stimul (restored), Zala ("Radiomix"), Zeal (Video Mix)

I'm still hoping to make their contribution to Stormy Waters available in the near future. Also, please let me know if there's anything missing from this compilation that you feel should have been included. Chances are I could have included other material but simply forgot to.

All of these tracks have been "properly" mastered, so they should flow seamlessly enough with anything from the band's overall discography. Some of the older tracks show signs of age, though, and there's not much to be done with them short of spending inordinate amounts of time tweaking and getting excessively anal about it.

I apologize to anyone who had previously downloaded any of these and who now finds it necessary to nab this entire massive file just to fill in gaps. Maybe Cats can host some of these here.... Or has he already? Damn my old age, I can hardly even remember what my name is these days anyway.

So, hopefully this can tide you all over a bit until Scintilli finally sees the light of day.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KB555KBP

Guest PusillanimousRex

MP3....

*shudder*

Particularly as most of these were from compressed sources in the first place. But, eh... Just as long as I don't have to hear them. Enjoy them as you like.

Guest Ultravisitor

is that plaid track from the big chill from this years set?

or a previous year?

either way, do you have the whole gig?

Guest PusillanimousRex

To my knowledge, that is the whole thing, as it was a special presentation with a dance troupe. I'm not sure whether or not they may have performed on their own afterwards, but if there's a full set, I haven't got it. Sorry.

Guest Ultravisitor
To my knowledge, that is the whole thing, as it was a special presentation with a dance troupe. I'm not sure whether or not they may have performed on their own afterwards, but if there's a full set, I haven't got it. Sorry.

they did a 45 minute or so gig before hand. it was absolutely amazing.

this was the music they had for the dancers afterwards, also very good.

• 8 months later...

Thanks a lot for this! Grabbed the other day.

'Stimul' is one of my favourite Plaid tracks, and for some reason you can't buy the MP3 anywhere anymore??

and my Booc vinyl is knackered too. so thanks. :sorcerer:

'Stimul' is one of my favourite Plaid tracks, and for some reason you can't buy the MP3 anywhere anymore??

I emailed bleep about that a few years ago. I think they said it was because the master had been lost or damaged or something.

Archived