IGNORED

STRP Festival, Eindhoven, The netherlands

Guest thec

This just in! STRP Festival is pleased to announce the first names for the opening weekend (3 and 4 April). Rumours had begun circulating and today STRP is able to confirm a few names. Laurent Garnier (Live) is part of an eclectic programme on Friday, and DJ/audio artist Aphex Twin joins Hecker on Saturday night. In addition, Squarepusher, Michael Mayer and Benga have also been confirmed for the opening weekend of the festival. More names in the line-up will be announced during February. Tickets go on sale today at www.strp.nl. (...)

Aphex and Square, possibly on the same day?

Did the planets align? Did chtulu awaken from his eternal slumber to bring us PURE AWESOMENESS?

EDIT: Hecker, not heckler, but who cares. Afx!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I already bought a ticket this afternoon! Saw Aphex a year ago in Den Haag, and Squarepusher just a month ago, and they´re already back again, woohoo

Seems like we went to the same shows.

Cant wait

Aphex Twin, again!?

Wicked

I already bought a ticket this afternoon! Saw Aphex a year ago in Den Haag, and Squarepusher just a month ago, and they´re already back again, woohoo

have also been to those 2 gigs by the way

Yeah, never heard of Hecker..

Damn the gig is on the opposite end of where I live in the Netherlands (Friesland lol), don't know if I'll go. The tickets for Saturday are 10 euros btw? That's a whole lotta less than what I paid for the AFX gig in The Hague!

Never seen Aphex before, got a ticket for this! Wooooo! How incredible would it be if Squarepusher and Aphex performed the same night.

edit: hopefully he will do some Konklaver shit there:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Weakling

Gonna be there on the 4th as well. Lets hope the joined Aphex / Hecker performance means Aphex takes care of the audio and Hecker of the video/light/laser show thingy. :smile:

Guest Dirty Protest

Do both play SP and AFX play on the 4th? Just found out Ryanair fly to Eindhoven. So if theyre both playing this is do-able =)

Call me crazy but I don't think the AFX/Hecker thing is going to be worth booting. It will probably just sound like fried shit. I predict a beatless sonic assault that's tuned to the rig; it would just sound like crackling to most boot technology unless somebody is coming in with some hi fidelity stuff or grabbing a soundboard.

just smoke some weed

Archived