IGNORED

tDR Is Dead

Joyrex

as he said, it could be a blessing in disguise, there work for 4 or so years has been god awful. lets hope they come back better. they did some fantastic pices, there logo & name alone was brilliant

5144-fc-a.jpg

the book 50/50 but very interesting non the less.

Guest greenbank

they haven't done anything that amazing for a few years now so maybe it's a good thing. build and universal everything are carrying on with similarly excellent work and hopefully new DR will restart with a bang and back to their old quality.

as he said, it could be a blessing in disguise, there work for 4 or so years has been god awful. lets hope they come back better. they did some fantastic pices, there logo & name alone was brilliant

agreed. i feel like so much of their work is dated too; ignoring all the (helvetica and other) type-heavy work, a fair amount of the work seems neither timeless nor forward thinking, just kind of rooted in the nineties. meh

I don't think I dislike any of their record artwork I've seen. I particularly love 'Lifestyles of the Laptop Café', great design. And iirc they even did an album cover for The Wedding Present.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/D...oors.4929176.jp

"HAILED as one of Sheffield's modern-day success stories after building up an international reputation, the Designers Republic has gone out of business.

Its offices at the Workstation closed last week with nine staff made redundant.

The company is expected to go into liquidation but founder Ian Anderson has bought back the name and the assets and plans to carry on as tDR in the future."

Really enjoyed their work on the Wipeout games

Archived