IGNORED

Weezer

Chris Moss Acid

Weezer Albums  

47 members have voted

1. 1. which is your favourite weezer album?

• Weezer [blue]
    • Pinkerton
    • Weezer [green]
    • Maladroit
    • Make Believe
    • Weezer [red]

Tonight i stumbled apon my weezer albums, and had a good old time. it took me back a few years and i remmeber i used to be quite a big weezer fan.

my personal favourite, or lets say, the album i can listen to and the nostalgia comes flooding back is probally the green album, short and sweet and quite a lot happier then pinkerton, then probally maladroit back to heavy emotional/dark stuff, then i kinda stopped listening to weezer after that.

what weezer album takes you back and opens the flood gates of nostalgia ?

holy shit, i just put on weezer about half an hour ago and am still listening . deja FUCKING vu

i'm not a huge fan, maybe blue album is my favorite, i used to love pinkerton to death but now half of the songs just don't do it for me like they used to

I was never a big weezer fan, but I like some of the hooks on the blue one. I have Pinkerton and it's okay, but I'm not hat into it.

Ha I loved Hash pipe when It came out and I was a 15 year old mosher kid. Remember being shocked that they could use Hash in their song title :embrassed:

Ha I loved Hash pipe when It came out and I was a 15 year old mosher kid. Remember being shocked that they could use Hash in their song title :embrassed:

it was changed to half pipe for some versions i think

• 10 years later...

favorite band in my teen days, blue and pinkerton i can still listen and have great fun but everything besides that just sucks imo... rivers completely lost his mind after pinkerton...

just came here to say that once again i got disappointed, they released a covers album and stupid me was waiting for those covers in the old weezer fashion but obviously it isn't, it's basically let's try and play this exactly like the original... that's not a cover... fuck u rivers and weezerds...

I like some songs but I’ve never been a huge fan. It's definitely sad that they killed their legacy and keep taking huge poops on it.

"Troublemaker" is a pretty awesome song (though I had no idea it was Weezer for the longest time). Also, enjoying the resurrection of threads going on today  :happy:  

• 10 months later...

Getting back on Weezer i now know the diference between the first 2 albums and the rest... Blue and Pinkerton can be considered, to a certain degree, grungy emo stoner, shoe gaze... While the rest are basically sparkly pop...

Once in a while i wondered if i only liked their first 2 albums because of nostalgia but no, proof is that I've been listening to some b-sides from the same era that i didn't know of and i love them, it's really a diferent kind of music and production... It's a shame what drugs and fame do to a person... Rivers has 2 demo solo albums before Blue and there's fantastic stuff on there... RIP :^(

The choir at the beginning of this song is beautiful and the vocoder @1m45s is crazy af... 

Back in 2011, I helped friends work on a book, and ended co-authoring and publishing a graphic novel titled Pinkerton, about two guys who each get dumped and decide to embark on a song-by-song journey to get rid of their (I quote) "'negative romantic conditioning". It’s a funny read, and it did quite well (it’s on its seventh printing).

But to this day I still can’t name a single Weezer song.

I really like everything up to and including Maladroit.  Blue was pretty much grunge taken to its logical pop-song conclusion - pretty much every song on that album could have been a hit.  Buddy Holly really sums it up.  Pinkerton's my favourite - I really like the production style, which is basically In Utero.  Every song's instantly memorable, but also a little ragged around the edges, which makes for an interesting re-listening experience.  Its the only Weezer album that sounds personal, angsty, or risky in any way.  Green album is pop perfection, right down to its running length.  No extra fat anywhere.  I like that it sounds like a study in pop songwriting, taken further in that regard than any other rock album I've heard.  Maladroit they finally let go of their anti-shred policies and finally permitted palm muting and other metal tropes into their music.  I suppose this was a risky move in its own right.  Love the meaty guitar sound on this one.

For some reason Make Believe seems to be the point where the charm died... and I can't adequately explain it because it's really NOT that different from anything they had done previously.  Maybe it's where irony/parody started to seem like more of the point?  Hard to say.  There are a lot of songs I like on it.  Ditto for Red.  While I've heard most of the albums they've done since then, I can't really comment much on them because I haven't cared to familiarize myself enough.  Every time it's just "oh, this again."

Archived