IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sleep hollow the was the beginning of the end of Tim Burton being an interesting and non predictable filmmaker. as decent as the movie was you have to admit it was like a goth kids fantasy come to life, i can't imagine tim burton doing something more cliche.

The Fist Foot Way - 7/10

It wasn't jampacked with funnies but I laughed my ass off when Red knocks the old lady out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf5JSHlKEak

Danny McBride is fantastic.

Yes. I kept my expectations tempered and it wound up being very satisfying...mostly because of Danny McBride for sure. When he pissed on his wedding band and said, "I'm relieving myself," and when his wife fucks that film star fighter were all high points.

still haven't seen this one thanks for reminding me

drugstore cowbow - a very american (PNW) road movie about medheads robbing pharmacies in the early 70s. annoying and dragging in a typical Gus van Sant way. watched 2/3rd then went & did something else. ps, the two lead girls were smoking hot, i'm talking twin peaks levels of distraction.

drugstore cowbow - a very american (PNW) road movie about medheads robbing pharmacies in the early 70s. annoying and dragging in a typical Gus van Sant way. watched 2/3rd then went & did something else. ps, the two lead girls were smoking hot, i'm talking twin peaks levels of distraction.

i saw that last week on tv actually... i liked it, but i think i'm sort of getting too old for things like that. if i was 15 and i saw WSB in there basically playing himself i would've gone "whoah wicked", but now it just seems kind of juvenile.

haha wait, did WSB have anything to do with drugstore cowboy? drugstore's protagonist just came across as yer average pillhead to me. as did the plot: junkie roadmovie pulp.

or... did you mean naked lunch - which i mentioned one post up? a mix up would be understandable in the sense that they're both roadmovie-ish adaptions of books by opiate addicts.. but give me a WSB over a Fogle anyday!

btw, off topic, definitely go for the MFOS Soundlab! they offer component kits with good documentation, should be just the thing you're looking for. you'll have two oscillators instead of three, but on the other hand, you'll get an extra noise-generator. plus a cool multimode filter and externally controllable envelopes. you can do it with discrete boxes also but i guarantee you that it will be harder, more expensive and more time-consuming. check out www.tonepad.com if you want to go that way and start with the simpelest device, like a simple filter.

PAIA offers kits for "full synths" too, but will be slightly pricier than MFOS, might be worth a look though.. let me know what you decide on!

Guest futuregirlfriend

Dirty Work. Really shit. In my head there was a dull metal clang at almost every punchline. It was a weird watch as I couldn't work out if the performances were bad or if it was the editing or whatever else. Don Rickles was good though, in his tiny part.

Matinee. Good. Love all those William Castle gimmicks.

Tombstone. Good, but not great as far as Westerns go, though I did think Val Kilmer was excellent. I spotted two Deadwood actors in it, perhaps there are some more.

Dragnet. Alright.

The Last Detail. Hard not to like a film where Jack Nicholson's nick name is Bad Ass, but there's a lot more to it than that. Worth a watch.

Guest beatfanatic

Just finished the first season of Breaking Bad.

Fucking...awesome.

MORE!!!!

Season 2 just gets better...

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

this film is not yet rated 7/10

really enjoyed this, didnt know much about it before seeing. love the idea of the mpaa rating it. the clergy and the movietheatre companies and film studios are the appeal panel? crazy, need to read up on that.

this film is not yet rated 7/10

really enjoyed this, didnt know much about it before seeing. love the idea of the mpaa rating it. the clergy and the movietheatre companies and film studios are the appeal panel? crazy, need to read up on that.

i give it more like an 8/10 and i learned a lot from it. it was quite interesting to see how a showing a female face having an orgasm for over 10 seconds can push a movie into nc-17 and how many 'pumps' or 'thrusts' are allowed in movie sex scenes, and about how misogynist most of the MPAA is. they give a movie like American Pie a rating of R but if a movie showed similar female masturbation like if a girl wanted to fuck herself with a food object like a warm churro it would be nc-17.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah it was probably more of an 8 from me too. i struggled to understand some parts due to illness

Guest beatfanatic

Inglourious Bastered

7/10

Cgristoph Waltz/Col Hans Landa deserves an oscar nod for best supporting actor though.

Guest philia

man the last film i saw was like a month ago, kiyoshi kurosawa's tokyo sonata. been too busy with j-dramas and videogames :closedeyes: . pretty nice, definitely one of the better flms ive seen by him. 7/10

i've been sent a dvd copy of sion sono's hazard. will watch that soon maybe. he recently made a 4hr film thats been getting lots of praise recently, ;love exposure'. think it's showin at festivals currently.

Archived