IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mirezzi

sleep hollow the was the beginning of the end of Tim Burton being an interesting and non predictable filmmaker. as decent as the movie was you have to admit it was like a goth kids fantasy come to life, i can't imagine tim burton doing something more cliche.

It saddens me to agree with you, but alas, I do. Other than the very cool art work and cinematography, that movie was really shit. I wanted to love it. The first time I saw it, I convinced myself it was great. I watched it about a month ago and fell asleep.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didn't like mars attacks when i first saw it but i think it's aged pretty well considering all the wonky cgi. sleepy hollow is a beautiful looking film for like the first 30 minutes, it actually kind of reminded me of Barry Lyndon at first but then it falls apart into something disjointed and mismatched in tone

this film is not yet rated 7/10

really enjoyed this, didnt know much about it before seeing. love the idea of the mpaa rating it. the clergy and the movietheatre companies and film studios are the appeal panel? crazy, need to read up on that.

Uuuuh, sounds interesting.

*downloads*

too late for spoiler tags sorry

Doesn't matter. I can't remember what you told about the movie.

Plus, Nigella Lawson is on tv and she's so distracting so in a couple of minutes I won't even remember where I am.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i revealed the ending. oops. just figured everyone had seen it and i'm playing catchup as usual

Guest Mr Salads

the store (1983) - 7/10

Fred wiseman visits a neiman marcus in dallas tx circa 1983. Some very interesting moments, especially with the business seminars and round table meetings. Lots of fucked up older ladies. Some very strange times...

Guest analogue wings

Adams Æbler (Adam's Apples) - 7/10

Give it a go if you like them dark/weird euro dramedies like Tillsammans/Together

Ils/Them - 8/10

Wow for real? I'd give it about a 3. Total cliche-a-thon.

It's weird because it never really peeked, but I was feeling extremely uncomfortable most of the time because I was expecting something to jump out and scare the living shit out of me. But yeah, now that I think of it 8/10 might be a bit too much... let's say 6/10

Guest zaphod

a simple plan 10/10

incredible film, very underrated. a coen bros movie with likable, relatable characters and an emotional center in billy bob thornton's character. easily the best thing sam raimi has done.

a simple plan 10/10

incredible film, very underrated. a coen bros movie with likable, relatable characters and an emotional center in billy bob thornton's character. easily the best thing sam raimi has done.

Yeah, it's a great movie and as far as I remember Billy Bob got nominated for an Oscar. Oh, and the soundtrack by Danny Elfman is quite haunting.

watching a movie like District 9 on a cam is kind of just selling your own viewing experience really short, in fact i don't even see the point of it at all. It's like when i tried to watch Be Kind Rewind as a cam and i couldnt even fucking tell what was sweded on vhs and what was normal, the film qualities were indistinguishable

Guest zaphod

inglourious basterds 4/10

got dragged along to this. such a shame that tarantino is coasting with this kind of garbage. it started off with a brilliant scene and went downhill from there. technically i guess it was excellent, the acting was pretty good across the board, but what the hell was the point? if it's revisionist history then why not make it at least sort of historically accurate rather than a cartoon? if it was satire it didn't strike that tone. so i can only take it as an earnest attempt at a jewish revenge fantasy, which is just embarrassing. like he thought this was going to make jews in the audience stand up and clap when they scalp nazis, all of whom are apparently black and white villains. just fucking retarded.

Archived