IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

inglourious basterds 4/10

got dragged along to this. such a shame that tarantino is coasting with this kind of garbage. it started off with a brilliant scene and went downhill from there. technically i guess it was excellent, the acting was pretty good across the board, but what the hell was the point? if it's revisionist history then why not make it at least sort of historically accurate rather than a cartoon? if it was satire it didn't strike that tone. so i can only take it as an earnest attempt at a jewish revenge fantasy, which is just embarrassing. like he thought this was going to make jews in the audience stand up and clap when they scalp nazis, all of whom are apparently black and white villains. just fucking retarded.

now now, surely the Jews deserve a little pick-me-up after all that...unpleasantness

Guest Mr Salads

inglourious basterds 4/10

got dragged along to this. such a shame that tarantino is coasting with this kind of garbage. it started off with a brilliant scene and went downhill from there. technically i guess it was excellent, the acting was pretty good across the board, but what the hell was the point? if it's revisionist history then why not make it at least sort of historically accurate rather than a cartoon? if it was satire it didn't strike that tone. so i can only take it as an earnest attempt at a jewish revenge fantasy, which is just embarrassing. like he thought this was going to make jews in the audience stand up and clap when they scalp nazis, all of whom are apparently black and white villains. just fucking retarded.

jewsploitation

Guest zaphod

this would only be a pick me up for frat boys and twelve year olds. no one who lived through the holocaust would get anything out of it, and a revenge fantasy wouldn't apply to someone born after that event, as much as they'd like to pretend that it does. and if it's just the nazi standing in for any evil as a sort of hollywood trope, then why bother? it's been done to death and why bring a jewish extermination squad into it? again, fucking retarded.

Guest Al Hounos

Thirst - 8.5/10

I usually hate vampire movies but really enjoyed this. It could have been trimmed down a bit but otherwise I have to give it up to Park Chan-wook.

thanks for reminding me!

Guest beatfanatic

Thirst - 8.5/10

I usually hate vampire movies but really enjoyed this. It could have been trimmed down a bit but otherwise I have to give it up to Park Chan-wook.

thanks for reminding me!

yeah I didnt realize this movie was already out. Its probably not playing in my city though but its good to know that it has takeshi's seal of approval.

Thirst - 8.5/10

thanks for reminding me!

yeah I didnt realize this movie was already out. Its probably not playing in my city though but its good to know that it has takeshi's seal of approval.

Not sure if it's been widely released. I saw it at a preview/free screening. I was pleasantly surprised at how funny parts of the film were.

Guest Gary C

District 9 - 6.50/10.

But it was a Russian Cam

so did you have any idea what the aliens were saying?

None, maybe it'd be raised to 7.5/10

Guest Mr Salads

Thirst - 8.5/10

thanks for reminding me!

Not sure if it's been widely released. I saw it at a preview/free screening. I was pleasantly surprised at how funny parts of the film were.

Hm I want to see it. I think it got widely panned at cannes. Hey that rhymed

Heist (2002) - 7/10 - not a bad david mamet film but didn't amount to much, kind of just a clever multiple-cross thief movie, good acting and characters. imagine a really ambient but straight forward take on Oceans 11 where the actual heist operation(s) are realistically done to a point, meaning that the stuff they do can actually be accomplished in this reality not cartoon style.

The Limey - 7/10 - some incredibly good kill scenes and use of flash forwards in an interesting way, and peter fonda's character seemed like the inspiration for 'Bill' in kill bill but the movie didn't come together as well as i had hoped. my interest in steven soderbergh has increased lately because i just saw Full Frontal for the first time, pretty interesting film if i may say so. I think i will see girlfriend experience or bubble next, good german looks like one to stay away from and i don't know if i can handle the epic Che 2 parter.

edit: The Green Mile - 5/10 - haven't seen it since it first came out in theaters and forgot how disappointing it was. a very poor followup to the awesome film that was Shawshank redemption, although the Mist kind of redeemed him for me, i think the premise of the green mile is just too convoluted to make into a good movie

i'll step in, sad as fuck documentary. If you want to spend 4 hours feeling really fucking sorry for hurricane katrina victims watch it. it's a very good movie but a little long winded i thought. basically this movie made me cry

Guest Mirezzi

Duplicity - Terrible. It looks like there's a reason why Tony Gilroy wrote The Cutting Edge *and* its straight-to-video sequel, The Cutting Edge 2: Going for the Gold.

i'll step in, sad as fuck documentary. If you want to spend 4 hours feeling really fucking sorry for hurricane katrina victims watch it. it's a very good movie but a little long winded i thought. basically this movie made me cry

I was never able to finish it. I just remember getting more and more angry the further I got into the film, so much so that I had to turn it off.

The Last Days of Disco (1998) - 9/10

Talk-y character study of yuppies in late 70's, early 80's New York by Whit Stillman. Chloe Sevigny is probably the main reason I love this film.

Guest beatfanatic

Antichrist - 8/10

beautiful cinematography, fucked up plot and Willem Dafoe - what else do you need?

tell us about the mutilated dicks and vages

Yeah that definitely caught be a bit off-guard because I kinda knew about it beforehand but I didn't know it would portrayed in such a manner. A really good quality leak seems to be floating around the internets. Just be careful which version you grab because there are some where the audio is out of sync.

Archived