IGNORED

I'm doing a live webcam/DJ set tonight at 11:30 pm Eastern US Time

Brandi_B

photo-894.gif

***Thanks to all the watmmers that came out! Yek, Upside_down, Analogue wings, Adjective, assegai, boris, chax, joyrex, essines and everyone else it was really fun sorry if some of you got bad quality streams. A bunch of my friends came, and some xlt people, and then a bunch of random people from i don't know where.***

whew! Thanks to everyone that tuned in to listen/watch! I thought it was really fun and went decently well despite some hiccups here and there.

I'm guessing connection speeds, and maybe the number of people connecting to the channel affected others quality. Some people said it was fantastic quality others said it was very poor. It seemed that a few tracks into the set when i restarted the stream, everything seemed to be okay or "tolerable" after that. I checked it on another computer during one of my breaks and it sounded/looked fine.

Anyway, it started out as an idea to do a live mix to put up on myspace, but i wanted to try out stickam after watching chris moss do a live set on there (thanks chris!). So i figured hey why not invite some people. And a LOT of people ended up coming about 30-40 with i think 25 or so being the most connected at a time. It was prtty cool to see other peoples cams and chatting in a virtual world. I couldn't really pay attention to the chat tho as i was a lil busy.

I hope to do this again in the future and have it go off without hitches next time! I had a major audio routing fail with traktor so ended up having to use my media player, routed into cubase, and then routed to my patchmix dsp mixer, which kinda killed the chance for beat matching and smoother cross fades :/. But it was fun regardless. I think i pulled off some of the track transitions fairly well considering the circumstances *pats self on back*, though that's not to say i didn't mess up at all :).

Some of the stuff i played (set was about an hour and a half):

Plaid

Download

Caustic Window

Chris Moss acid

Various dnb

Th'idiot

Afx

Analogue Wings

808 state

Ween

And a whole bunch of my music

I have it recorded from my computer, and analogue wings recorded it also, which im interested to check out so i can see what it sounded like to him across the world.

Edit: I had some adjective, lulu rouge, chimera slot mom, Fluorescent Grey, beak, and Atop in the works to play but people kept turning their mics up really loud (i was too busy trying to keep the mix going to figure out how to turn mics off) and the whole thing was getting really clogged so i ended the set early, so tune in next time :)

Guest umop_apisdn

i was all excited and stuff, stuck around for a while, but then i had to peace out before you made it. evidently AW kept good on his word and at least let you know i tried. had to go to bed early to make it down to columbia the next day.

maybe next time.

Well thx for coming n-e way umop_apisdn :) Sorry for the tardiness. I always reboot my comps before a set and fate would have it that i didn't save my mixer settings before reboot ("are you should you would like to quit without saving?" [yes] *facepalm*). So i spent like 11:30-11:45 re-doing all the mixer settings i had previously set up :(. Yay for preparedness fail. But then again, i had fun and it went pretty well once the quality thing got ironed out. I'll be playing in Charlotte this fall so I'll let ya know about it when i do. Southern watmm meetup!

Link to new thread in watmmixes to get this out of gb: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/47761-katie-kilobyte-live-online-dj-set-07262009/

Track Id's

Katie Kilobyte - Acceleration

High Contrast - Days Go By

Th'Idiot - Nice Haircut

Dj Jo Quaid - JQ2

808 State - Blue Monday

Katie Kilobyte - Spectrum Dust

Polygon Window - Quoth

Katie Kilobyte - Arabesque

Plaid - Itsu (live)

Afx - Box Energy

Download - Possession

Th'Idiot - High Town Bear

Katie Kilobyte - Indoor Pool Rave

DJ Handbrake and Moppy - Oh Seven

Polygon Window - UT1-Dot

Drum N Bass - Jungle

Afx - Flow Coma

Katie Kilobyte - Untitled

Guest umop_apisdn

I'll be playing in Charlotte this fall so I'll let ya know about it when i do. Southern watmm meetup!

Well I can try to drag Milieu along. Can we call each other by our usernames and not worry about real names?

Where are you supposed to be playing in Charlotte?

It will either be at tremont with some bands playing in the main hall and a dance night going on in the casbah or (hopefully) a multi artist electronic night at a venue I've never heard of can't recall the name. It's still in the works, will def. let you know!

Archived