IGNORED

26 Mixes for Cash

Capsaicin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got this at my local library about 30 minutes ago and I'm listening to it right now for the first time.

The first track is fantastic, I hope the rest of this CD is on par.

My favourite tracks would most likely be his Philip Glass/David Bowie mashup called Heroes and his two Nine Inch Nails songs "The Beauty Of Being Numb" and "At The Heart Of It All".

Humorously long before I knew of the genius that is Richard D James I was heavily into Nine Inch Nails and really loved "The Beauty Of Being Numb", yet at the same time was saddened that I had to really hunt to get the album that had the track on it.

I fucking stopped as soon as I was listening to 26 Mixes for the first time and that track came on...

I had no idea it was actually an Afx song :P

This album's a little underrated I think. There are some real gems on it. It's also kind of interesting to compare each track to the original..

not to mention the sick remix of wagon christ 'spotlight'

i love the "collaborations" between luke and afx. they feed off of each other in some amazing ways.

but anyways, i think that compilation is awesome. love afx's take on saint etienne.

I got this at my local library about 30 minutes ago and I'm listening to it right now for the first time.

My favourite tracks would most likely be his Philip Glass/David Bowie mashup called Heroes and his two Nine Inch Nails songs "The Beauty Of Being Numb" and "At The Heart Of It All".

Humorously long before I knew of the genius that is Richard D James I was heavily into Nine Inch Nails and really loved "The Beauty Of Being Numb", yet at the same time was saddened that I had to really hunt to get the album that had the track on it.

I fucking stopped as soon as I was listening to 26 Mixes for the first time and that track came on...

I had no idea it was actually an Afx song :P

I totally agree with that.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

my favourite is the big drum mix, but I haven't listened to this album in a year or so

the spider singing in the last track on the first cd/side

toward the end when it is just belting out the notes, in that high pitched spider noise

<3

Baby Ford - Normal remix kicks ass all over the place.

I used to not pay much attention to 26 Mixes, because remixes didn't interest me at all, but then I realized that it's as good as anything RDJ has released.

Go buy it kiddo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello guys!

This track is easy to forget in the beautiful album named "26 mixes for cash" but I want everyone to really listen to this piece of work closely;

Its called "Une Femme N'est Pas Un Homme"

Hello guys!

This track is easy to forget in the beautiful album named "26 mixes for cash" but I want everyone to really listen to this piece of work closely;

Its called "Une Femme N'est Pas Un Homme"

Ikr? Fucking awesome track. It's like Chinese dragons flying around and shooting waves of fire.

I have discovered that this particular track sounds even more beautiful when you amplify it way past the limit, until it starts clipping. It just enhances everything about it...

I haven't listened to this album nearly enough. A lot of people dismiss it, since it's "just remixes" but it really isn't "just remixes" at all. If you compare the originals and the remixes front to back, even though I love many of the originals, the remixes are all better, and all totally his own. He doesn't just rearrange the tracks a bit, add some effects, some new beats, and slap a new synth line on there. He creates a new song with a new feel using the original as material to work with.

easy example:

I fucking love DMX Krew's "You Can't Hide Your Love" but Aphex takes it from cheesy happy synthpop, and makes it dark and melancholy, and just absolutely dripping with emotion. Probably the most amazing part about it is, in the context of the original, the vocals sound incredibly 90s, and it would be easy to say that they date the song (not a bad thing with DMX Krew of course) but in the context of the remix, the whole song, including the vocals, just sounds incredibly fresh, even today.

I know it is different for everyone...but I cannot think of anyone who has remixed as well or as intuitively as RDJ.

Norman Cook? I know they're completely different styles, but I think I'd trust Cook more. :) Just compare the original Brimful of Asha to his version!

Guest bitroast

this was actually the first aphex twin album i heard. and got a burnt copy of it from a friend. before buying drukqs.

yeah, i have fond memories of this album. the first disc is nice as anything^^

Archived