IGNORED

26 Mixes for Cash

Capsaicin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think afx butchered the kriegertrack. the lyrics in this song are deep and all this chopping really takes the fun out of this track. and the end feels so rushed. i think this remix shows it was just for the money

aw hell no

Come on, for the money? Da aphex aint no hoe, all this love and work he put in each track on the album, most are just unknown musicians. How can anyone think that who knows this abulum?

if he wanted to do it for the cash it would be filled with pippa diddy and madonna songs

the kriegertrack is just pure aphex twin magic build from a Die Fantastischen 4 sample, i bet those guys jizzed their pants when they heard the mix :w00t: such an honour!

Lyrics have nothing to do with this mix and the end is rushed cause its like 220BPM fantastischen aphex twin butchery :music:

He famously said most of his "remixes" were just songs he had lying about that had little to do with the original material. the Krieger remix was not an example of that, though.

whoops, deleted my whole post in one keystroke -.-

sure i think it's an honor for Fanta4 to be remixed by aphex, but the whole track is to similar to the original til the crazy beat comes in.

the beat stays almost the same just the lyrics are chopped up and some soundfx added. i like the end though.

i just think not everything afx touches turns to gold. maybe silver.

that's my point. of speaking german myself, the words he cut up und aligns them doesn't make sense. i can't focus really on the music because of this.

but in the chorus it's different cause with a little twist in the forming of the sentence, it changes the the original meaning in a way i can't describe in english now. That's my only positive point there in the remix.

sometimes i wish i couldn't understand my own language just to know how the language would sound in the ears of others.

Weidenbaum: Which word would you use to describe remixing: collaboration or graffiti?

James: Graffiti, definitely.

Weidenbaum: What's some of the graffiti you've been doing recently.

James: The last one was for a German hip-hop band, called something like the Fantastic Four, and they're sort of a really big pop/hip-hop band, and I did a pretty mad mix of that, like chopped the bloke's voice up into millions of little bits and reorganized it, so you didn't know what they were saying. I don't know what I've arranged it into. I don't know what I've made him say because I can't speak German.

... if I made a song featuring the Windows XP startup tune (bonus points to whoever can name the famous musician who composed that)...

The guy who made this song is "Jim Owen", he goes by the name "Jim Of Seattle". And he's a Microsoft employee... ;-)

• 2 months later...

amazing album. time to find me, mindstream, and beauty of being numb are all great.

and idk if i can ask this but if anyone could post the soft ballet remix that would be really cool too :D

... if I made a song featuring the Windows XP startup tune (bonus points to whoever can name the famous musician who composed that)...

The guy who made this song is "Jim Owen", he goes by the name "Jim Of Seattle". And he's a Microsoft employee... ;-)

weren't some windows sounds composed by brian eno and robert fripp?

no

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Eno#The_Microsoft_Sound

;-)

That's what I thought - for some reason I thought Phillip Glass made the Windows 95 startup sound...

That's what I thought - for some reason I thought Phillip Glass made the Windows 95 startup sound...

Glass is a good guess - but it was Eno

The

Windows

95 start up music: you might not know that it was composed by none other than Brian Eno. Fact. We’ve just stumbled upon something more amazing than that, though, that suggests he’s not exactly the biggest fan of PCs…

Brian Eno, in an interview with John Lloyd and Sean Lock on the BBC’s ‘The Museum of Curiosity’ in 2009, was presented with the Windows 95 ditty and asked the obvious question: did you write it on a PC?

“No I wrote it on a Mac,” he replied, quickly. “I’ve never used a PC in my life; I don’t like them.” Quite the revelation for a noise that’s ingrained in the minds of any 90s PC user. Eno went on to say that he and his Mac pulled together 83 different bits of music to try and meet Microsoft’s lofty ambitions for the sound.

He said that he received a brief from

Microsoft with “about 150 adjectives” to desribe the desired noise. “The piece of music should be inspirational, sexy, driving, provocative, nostalgic, sentimental…” said Eno.

“…And then at the bottom it said ‘and not more than 3.8 seconds long.’” If you’re having difficulties remembering the noise in question, you can listen to it below.

that's my point. of speaking german myself, the words he cut up und aligns them doesn't make sense. i can't focus really on the music because of this.

but in the chorus it's different cause with a little twist in the forming of the sentence, it changes the the original meaning in a way i can't describe in english now. That's my only positive point there in the remix.

sometimes i wish i couldn't understand my own language just to know how the language would sound in the ears of others.

I like the remix, but mostly for the glitches. I remember playing it to a German acquaintance ( I think on turntable.fm) and while he enjoyed it he didn't think it was anywhere as decent as the original. And the original is quite good.

Also, for an RDJ remix there's a quite a decent amount of original sounds in retained in the track.

• 7 years later...
3 hours ago, hayhook said:

This is what my "26 Mixes" looks like.

26 Mixes For Cash+.png

Haha, mine too, more or less ?

Zeroes & Ones Reconstruction 1 and Time To Find Me Slow version are neat, especially when I was so used to the versions chosen to CD! Curve's Falling Free mix is one of my favorite afx works...crazy, goes all the way back to 1992. Also, loving the ICBYD vibes on Raising The Titanic Big Drum Mix. Tend to spin afx remixes with AE Laxir remixes on shuffle. Flow great together. :music:

Archived