IGNORED

Burial To Remix A Full Album of Massive Attack Material

Phrank

Not sure if there is a thread on this already, Icouldn't find one anyway.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=11149

I am a fan of both Burial and Massive Attack, although I think Massive Attack have lost their edge somewhat.... and Burial nicked most of 'his' drum patterns from Massive attack in the first place, But I'm really interested to hear how this turns out!

Guest Barricade

why cant burial just JOIN massive attack? he could be the replacement for mushroom. its not like they have a steady group of band members lol

Guest Enter a new display name

Burial will basically add reverb, pitch up the vocals, add some lighter and reloading gun sound effects, and replace the beats with his trademark drumset... Which will be awesome though!

Guest beatfanatic

I am not a huge Burial fan but I do love Massive Attack. Mezzanine is one of my favorite albums of all time.

First of all, this wont be coming out in a long time and I have a feeling that it wont be that great.

All of Burial's music is pretty much already a very stripped down Massive Attack Track.

And i think i pretty much only like Burial's music for that aspect because I love Massive Attack - so this might be pretty good.

omfg this could be great

prayer from burial's first album is pretty much 3:45 of 8 bars from massive attack's 'teardrop' (or 'sometimes i cry' by les mccann if you want to be pissy about it) with some burial noises and a snare.

and it's inexplicably amazing.

No Protection by Mad Professor was the shit, this should be a worthy counterpart.

That said, I'm worried Burial will record the tracks quickly, mix them months later, release it as the DJ Kicks album, and duck out for a few years.

Massive attack kind of lost it after mezzanine, but I'm looking forward to this. I'm sure it can't be worse than what they've released as of late, and I love me some burial.

100th window was somewhat cheesy but it was probably -the- album that brought me into alternative music (saw Special Cases on MTV and I was mezmerised), so I'll always respect it. Mezzanine is timeless though.

Guest beatfanatic

No Protection by Mad Professor was the shit, this should be a worthy counterpart.

That said, I'm worried Burial will record the tracks quickly, mix them months later, release it as the DJ Kicks album, and duck out for a few years.

lol this is Burial we are talking about. I am more concerned about this project not happening than it happening too fast.

100th window wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. People were expecting something along the lines of Mezzanine which was going to be hard to accomplish anyways.

That Mad Professor remix album was really great as well.

Archived