IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Hey Awepittance, what makes you think the version I have is fake ?

because i downloaded it yesterday and it is 100% most assuredly a fake

it sounds absolutely nothing like Quaristice, which by going by that review is what the album should sound a little bit like

not to mention the obvious low production skills employed on the album compared to Autechre. The mixes are all decent, but nothing near the quality of the audio engineering training of Autechres final mixes

also the music is kind of shit and too straight forward, all the beats are very ho-hum predictable and there are cheesy obvious pad melodies on all the songs with beats that sound like someone trying to copy AE and failing badly

if you want to enjoy listening to someone elses music while hearing it through the lense of a real Autechre album, be my guest. just realize that you may be fooling yourself

Edited by Awepittance

it sounds absolutely nothing like Quaristice, which by going by that review is what the album should sound a little bit like

not to mention the obvious low production skills employed on the album compared to Autechre. The mixes are all decent, but nothing near the quality of the audio engineering training of Autechres final mixes

also the music is kind of shit and too straight forward, all the beats are very ho-hum predictable and there are cheesy obvious pad melodies on all the songs with beats that sound like someone trying to copy AE and failing badly

if you want to enjoy listening to someone elses music while hearing it through the lense of a real Autechre album, be my guest. just realize that you may be fooling yourself

just sort out the fakes by comparing it with the track lengths

r ess (5:12)

ilanders (5:32)

known(1) ??

pt2ph8 (4:09)

qplay (4:38)

see on see (4:37)

Treale (6:05)

os veix3 (4:37)

O=0 (4:52)

d-sho qub (6:26)

st epreo (1:43)

redfall (3:48)

krYlon (6:08)

yuop (9:58)

Guest the anonymous forumite

Well, you're saying that it's supposed to sound like Quaristice after that "initial reactions " guy said that :

So, what to make of Oversteps, then? Well, more than ever now, Quaristice sounds like a steaming prelude record - a cool In A Silent Way to the more aggressively beautiful Bitches Brew of Oversteps. There are tracks here with the kind of ambient techno melodies that have scarce been present on an Autechre album since 1995's Tri Repetae. Where part of the thrill of Quaristice was the unmistakable sound of the duo wrestling with where to fit all the pieces, Oversteps beams with confidence; everything is fleshed out here.

But see, what is in bold characters is exactly what I found about this leak. When I first heard the untilted leak (the real one, not yours), I was like, no way this is autechre, the production is really bad, it doesn't have that awesome sound Confield and Draft had. But yet on untilted you could have tracks like fermium which really sounded fake and other poor melodies. An autechre album doesn't need to evolve from the last one.

alright, cognitive dissonance is a beautiful human state, enjoy it.

please look back in the thread a little bit, a great deal of people here already heard the fake you are listening to and have decided it's fake.

if you want to be the last hold out thinking it's real i have no problem with that, just understand that you probably are.

Edited by Awepittance

known(1) ??

Have I missed something? Who's to say they're genuine track times?

known(1) ??

ok then this is not what I have. Are those tracks duration official ?

known(1) ??

this is the closest thing we have to official track titles, someone possibly Fredd-E quasi stalked the dude who gave the 'initial reflections' review over to last.fm and found this in their scobbled songs

this is the closest thing we have to official track titles, someone possibly Fredd-E quasi stalked the dude who gave the 'initial reflections' review over to last.fm and found this in their scobbled songs

Are we talking about track duration or track titles here ?

Edited by the anonymous forumite

known(1) ??

Oh I see! Good stuff. There's some good looking times on that, looks like there should be a nice mix of more builduppy type tunes and more immediate Quari style tunes. Maybe?

ITS REAAAAL.

edit: and it's night.

Edited by the anonymous forumite

known(1) ??

ok then this is not what I have. Are those tracks duration official ?

kinda...I got those from last.fm

That guy twittered about his last.fm TOP 3, including autechre, so I checked his lastfm for the track-micropages e.g. http://www.lastfm.de/music/Autechre/_/ilanders

The track lengths on those micro-pages fitted with the time-order on his lastfm account, so I guess those are legit.

Don't care who made it but the track known(1) with length 3:24 is really nice! It reminds me of ccec due to the chopped up vocals. I love that!

That's what I thought - It's definitely a fake but it's a pretty killer track anyway.

lengths sorry, but you've already downloaded the real thing so you dont have anything to worry about :emotawesomepm9:

Don't care who made it but the track known(1) with length 3:24 is really nice! It reminds me of ccec due to the chopped up vocals. I love that!

That's what I thought - It's definitely a fake but it's a pretty killer track anyway.

Ah great, if it's definitely fake you're cool to post it here right? Good stuff. You're doing the right thing :)

lengths sorry, but you've already downloaded the real thing so you dont have anything to worry about :emotawesomepm9:

lol

I know I don't have to worry. However someone had posted somewhere a preview of the album lasting 4 minutes and I would like to hear it again.

Guest Calx Sherbet

yeah there are probably a lot of jonas brothers fans who feel the same way about theor jonas brothers cds

ohnoes i have been wrong about the jonas brothers all along

*joins jonas brothers forum to learn how to appreciate jonas brothers more*

Hey man, now I hate the Jonas brothers as much as anyone else and would be quick to call it a load of horseshit upon someone asking my opinion. That being said, if there are people that like it, then it's not fair to call it crap, but rather to say it's crap in your opinion.

And I wanna restate that I fucking hate the Jonas brothers and in my opinion its a load of shit.

There's really no reason to say "IMO this is X". We all know your opinion is not the opinion of someone else's.

i already pointed that out

I know I don't have to worry. However someone had posted somewhere a preview of the album lasting 4 minutes and I would like to hear it again.

Dude, that 4 minute preview definitely is a fake. It was made by gl0tch who is a member of this very forum.

In my opinion, what you have downloaded as the album is also a fake. However, I might be wrong. Who knows? It's out in two months...