IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

i loved LA. i guess it shows how little i know about electronic music (only really got into it about 4 years ago) that I thought the album was soooo unique. haha.

it is still a unique album, i just in 10 years a lot of it's cliches will be a lot more apparent ie: the slammed side chained compression, the way he samples vocals, the wonky synth patches

i have a feeling Cosmogramma will be a lot more timeless.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

this would be accurate accept that he sounds nothing like dilla

yeah, alot of fly/dilla comparrisons recently.

bit strange

Guest Greg Reason

this would be accurate accept that he sounds nothing like dilla

yeah, alot of fly/dilla comparrisons recently.

bit strange

I really don't understand how people have so much difficulty seeing how similar they are. Maybe everyone is just listening to Donuts or something but if you hear the stuff he did with Common and his older solo stuff it's pretty glaring how much FlyLo has borrowed.

i definitely hear a lot more tobin than dilla, not that the dilla influence isn't there... but shit, even all the LA art was tobin-like. i have no idea what slammed side chained compression is, but that sounds cool as fuck. is it similar to what clark does production wise? sometimes i feel like i get the same vibe from the sounds as a clark record. i have no knowledge of production at all though.

flying lotus is def growing on me quickly. i just can't stand calling him flylo and once i got past the tobin thing, i'm really appreciating LA way more than before.

Guest Glass Plate

slammed side chaining is basically what LONE does, I haven't heard cosmoramma though.

Also all of the new hip-hop right now is basically the offspring of dilla.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

slammed side chain compression is a stable of most hip hop and a lot of mainstream electronic... amirite????

by hip hop I meant to say most mainstream rap

Guest Glass Plate

ducking-before_after-wm.gif

This is side chain compression.

I assumed Slamming it would be doing it to the point of nausea (like lone)

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Aaaand pre ordered .

bleepbleepbleepbleep

bleepbleepbleepbleep

bleepbleepbleepbleep

bleepbleepbleepbleep

Guest Alex0112

I honestly can't see any anything topping this as album of the year. Truly some next-level shit. And I can see him just getting better and better with each album he releases.

I honestly can't see any anything topping this as album of the year. Truly some next-level shit. And I can see him just getting better and better with each album he releases.

with rumored albums from aphex and boc and possibly radiohead, I can see this being topped easily. I just want to get my hands on this in proper quality to hear what all the hype is about

Guest fingers

same, haven't heard the leak (and have no urge to) but all this hype is getting me real excited to hear this. I've had the CD pre ordered for a while now, and i'm determined to wait to hear it

Guest AcrossCanyons

I've never usually bothered to pass on the leaks but I am for this one. Gonna celebrate with some sweet chronic for my first spin of this when it's in my hands for a premier listen I think!

I've never usually bothered to pass on the leaks but I am for this one. Gonna celebrate with some sweet chronic for my first spin of this when it's in my hands for a premier listen I think!

This is the way!

Guest Jacck

Easily album of the year. Interesting progression from Los Angeles: less abstract hip hop and more orchestral and jazz pieces on this record. Can't help feeling that Los Angeles is a deeper record though, despite being less original... I mean, nothing on Cosmogramma grips me like Beginners Falafel and Comet Course did the first time I heard them.

I really don't understand how people have so much difficulty seeing how similar they are. Maybe everyone is just listening to Donuts or something but if you hear the stuff he did with Common and his older solo stuff it's pretty glaring how much FlyLo has borrowed.

Guest blicero

man, i didn't realize there were so many flylo fans here.

the new album is pretty interesting. i think i like it better than LA.

the thom yorke track is pretty cool. the vocal treatment is nice.

Guest kelvanE

yes and yes. i'm waiting and will likely smoke marijuana too!

Archived