IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

I'm pretty excited for this album, but I had heard previously that it was to come out on April 20th. Guess it was rescheduled.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm I'm definitely looking forward to this release (LA is one of my fav records from the past decade), but I'm not too into those excerpts. Hopefully they'll make more sense in the context of the whole album.

I'm pretty excited for this album, but I had heard previously that it was to come out on April 20th. Guess it was rescheduled.

Yeah, it's been delayed :dry:

Guest Enter a new display name

Those tunes lack of something, I can't explain... It seems like Flying Lotus abuses the same formula in every tune. Maybe Cosmogramma will be a grower...

Album of 2010 ?

Most likely...yes .

how about oversteps?

or the presumed afx + boc releases!? that said, i LOVE los angeles and imagine this will be pretty epic. he put together an amazing live set...

i always thought he sounded a lot like prefuse. he will suffer the same fate too if he doesn't do anything new.

agreed. Prefuse broke out of it though w/Ampexian and Meditations, I'm happy for him.

True. I've liked all of Prefuse's stuff even when most said it was boring and unimaginative or whatever, but it was nice to hear something a little more fresh from him last year.

i always thought he sounded a lot like prefuse. he will suffer the same fate too if he doesn't do anything new.

agreed. Prefuse broke out of it though w/Ampexian and Meditations, I'm happy for him.

True. I've liked all of Prefuse's stuff even when most said it was boring and unimaginative or whatever, but it was nice to hear something a little more fresh from him last year.

Same here. The only Prefuse release I don't really care for are Security Screenings and most of Surrounded by Silence *dodges arrows* The rest are great, imo

He may release something this year, how prolific

I only listened to it once, and it really disappointed me. But I may listen to it in the future, maybe I'll like it. There were a couple of tracks I kinda enjoyed.

I haven't really given Surrounded by Silence a fair listen I guess, I've only heard it all the way through twice, I think. "I've Said All I Need To Say About Them Intro" is a cold stone CLASSIC, though.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Album of 2010 ?

Most likely...yes .

how about oversteps?

or the presumed afx + boc releases!? that said, i LOVE los angeles and imagine this will be pretty epic. he put together an amazing live set...

Yeah, IF afx and boc release something this year...then I might have to hold back on ''Cosmogramma = album of 2010'' lol

I really like Computer face though...so I'm optimistic .

not sure if its jazz, but http://stash.warp.net/flyinglotus/flying-lotus-recent-non-album-tracks.zip

warp put together some tracks hes done recently, but aren't on the album. one's that stupid track with gonjasufi and it sucks, one (quakes) is original and awesome, and the last one's rapped over which kind of does it in for me. basically, its got me optimistic for his new album, not for any silly remixes or collabs with gonjasuck.

Guest Archrival

Those 4 tracks are DEFINITLY BAD ASS! Could be one of the best releases of 2010. I amdmit it, Im telling you those tracks are on some next level hip hop/jazz shit! Maybe too much for me in the beginning, this is garbage at first, this is good next, this is next level hip hop/jazz shit!

Really looking forward to this album stoned. :music:

I promise you guys will enjoy it! :flower:

The only Prefuse release I don't really care for are Security Screenings and most of Surrounded by Silence *dodges arrows* The rest are great, imo

"Matrimonioids" on Security Screenings is on of my favorite Prefuse tracks, a buried piece of heaven. "Mud In Your Mouth" is quite enjoyable too I think

And Cosmogramma is a true masterpiece, from what I've heard

The only Prefuse release I don't really care for are Security Screenings and most of Surrounded by Silence *dodges arrows* The rest are great, imo

"Matrimonioids" on Security Screenings is on of my favorite Prefuse tracks, a buried piece of heaven. "Mud In Your Mouth" is quite enjoyable too I think

And Cosmogramma is a true masterpiece, from what I've heard

Yeah I do really Matrimonoids and I remember maybe one or two tracks I liked from that album as well. I've only heard it once all the way through, as it disappointed me overall. But who knows, might go back

Guest Glass Plate

I know I'm going to like this album, but I feel it wont be as epic as I hoped for. (over anticipation)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived