IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

I listened to it and I'm really glad that it's a good album. Sometimes you need a good new musician that delivers to root for.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Grizz

Definately worth listening to whats out now then? Felt like what people said at the start meant it wasn't the real deal but I'm desperate to hear this.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I'm fucking lovin' 'And The World Laughs With You'. It gets better each time I hear it .

I will be pre ordering this in a few days .

i learned my lesson from oversteps and will not be pre-ordering this from warp. will i be able to get the foil stamped package from amazon?

edit: that foil print picture looks like its just one of those cardboard slip case things that goes over a regular jewel case

does anyone feel like there is just way too much going on in some of the tracks??

No. I think it is much of the aim of the album.

A lot more dark and weird than i was expecting.

Yes, the atmosphere is more darkly romanticised.

To both you guys, if you haven't already, listen to Gonjasufi's debut album, just released on Warp as well. It is quite fantastic and goes hand in hand with this in my opinion, predominantly through the way the artists have distorted the sounds and muffled the vocals to create a feeling that you have to almost make an effort to enjoy and understand the music, so it's not just an easy ride. This concept is ubiquitous throughout A Surf and A Killer in what I consider to be a split personality representation, hinted by the title.

Guest kelvanE

ordered this from bleep.com, but i also had no problem with Oversteps... can't wait, and i'm fucking the leaks, which is unusual for me...

Guest Greg Reason

yeah this is wonderful, enjoying it so much more than LA (which I still think is fantastic btw) Big ups to him for making something so strange. He's getting pretty well known these days so he could quite easily have dropped a big bangin beat extravaganza and had another large crowd jump on board.

This is one of those albums that's so dense with ideas, it reveals unexpected treasures the more you listen to it. The last stretch of songs on the leak are really unstoppably awesome. The Thom Yorke track is perfect, too.

I hope when this comes out I really like it. And then I go back and realize la is really good and then I realize I have been missing out and there's a new artist I like

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

listening to the leak now its 320k but yeh this doesnt sound that clear, definitely distorting, o well, its good enough to tell that this a purty interesting album, Im actually kind of turned off by the squarepusher style bass wankery, but not enough to mess up the vibe.

so far zodiac shit is the hottest track on the record, a lot of his sample manipulation on here reminds me so much of amon tobin

^5 tracks into the record

fuck I wish this leak rip wasnt so distorted, I think Ima set it aside and wait for a better rip

first few tracks seem a lot more cohesive and groovy on second listen, still havent got to the second half of the record.

a lot of his sample manipulation on here reminds me so much of amon tobin

this is what turned me of of la at times. that song camel, i swear some of those sounds and rhythms are lifted straight from tobin.

i am revisiting la currently and do enjoy it much more than when it came out. he doesnt bring anything new to the table, but he is good i suppose

Guest Greg Reason

No, nothing new to the table (recycling Dilla for the most part) but with such impeccable touch that he gets away with it.

this is what turned me of of la at times. that song camel, i swear some of those sounds and rhythms are lifted straight from tobin.

i am revisiting la currently and do enjoy it much more than when it came out. he doesnt bring anything new to the table, but he is good i suppose

Camel uses the same sample as Saboteur by Tobin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZfR9PBZa0

this would be accurate accept that he sounds nothing like dilla

maybe not anymore, cause he's built his sound more. listen to July Heat, 1983 and Reset and it's Dilla with some electronic flair. But that's how most of the LA scene was (it is changing), I like it though :)

just leaked proper in 320 and somehow the leak made me buy the vinyl. now only if they made the gold cover in the vinyl version, now wouldn't that be something

Guest Greg Reason

Yeah I'm cut they're only doin that for the CD. I'm gonna buy the vinyl anyway but what gypery this is

Guest kelvanE

i loved LA. i guess it shows how little i know about electronic music (only really got into it about 4 years ago) that I thought the album was soooo unique. haha.

just leaked proper in 320 and somehow the leak made me buy the vinyl. now only if they made the gold cover in the vinyl version, now wouldn't that be something

new new proper? the only I got 2 days ago (thats 320k mp3s) definitely sounds like it was recorded from like 128k net stream with distorted low end

PM if you have any details on this aha

Archived