IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

has this leaked as another version ( like with good track listing and separation )

Warp should release the mp3 early for the preorderers, that's just too stupid to wait another month now.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warp should release the mp3 early for the preorderers, that's just too stupid to wait another month now.

this line should be an automatic first post in any warp release thread

Son of a fuckin' bitch . I'm so sick of Japanese bonus tracks .

I'm sure they're sick of paying double what US/UK pay for an domestic LP. :closedeyes:

got this preordered, but caved and checked it out -- wow! exactly what i wanted to hear from flylo... amazing album!

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I'm sure they're sick of paying double what US/UK pay for an domestic LP. :closedeyes:

lol Indeed , my son .

Sadly , I don't own any Japanese releases . I plan on buying BoC's Japanese release of 'Geogaddi', and work my way up from there .

i deleted my leak after 2 spins because it sounded like crap and was ultra loud. i thought it was just ok and the tracks just seemed like snippets of ideas or for really short attention spans. but now i cant wait to get it for real and really see what the hype is about

i always hear this line of reasoning, which seems sound except if you visit japan the prices of CD is actually pretty normal relative to the cost of living there,

Guest Greg Reason

Yes, and a lot of their recording gear is so cheap too. Saw a brand new matched pair of Neumann U87s for cheaper than what it costs to buy one over here

Guest username7410

THIS! It's so annoying. Is there a good reason for it? I can't think of one.

Me too, the CDs cost me a fortune but nowadays I can't not have them. OCD+++.

Also, what the fuck is this penchant for iTunes bunging different bonus tracks on their versions of new Warp (and 4AD) releases. It'd make more sense if they at least did this with the downloads on their own sites. As far as I remember, it's always necessary to download the entire album to get them as well.

got this preordered, but caved and checked it out -- wow! exactly what i wanted to hear from flylo... amazing album!

I caved as well - trying to limit how many times I hear it though! I'm not 100% convinced so far, it's good, but not particularly 'new'...which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but...

Need to listen more. When the vinyl is delivered.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Also, what the fuck is this penchant for iTunes bunging different bonus tracks on their versions of new Warp (and 4AD) releases. It'd make more sense if they at least did this with the downloads on their own sites. As far as I remember, it's always necessary to download the entire album to get them as well.

Yeah, those are slightly more annoying than the Japanese bonus tracks ( I'd rather have the physical version ) It's so much fun downloading an album you bought already, for 1 extra track !

Yeah, those are slightly more annoying than the Japanese bonus tracks ( I'd rather have the physical version ) It's so much fun downloading an album you bought already, for 1 extra track !

That is more annoying. The best example example of such nonsense I can think of was the Smashing Pumpkins Billy Corgan release of Zeitgeist, which had one different exlusive track on three separate versions at Best Buy, Target, and iTunes. They were all included on two different reissues and there were various deluxe versions. There were six different colored covers as well. I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone I didn't buy one copy, and I never even listened to the leaked copy I acquired.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

when the fuck is this album gonna get a quality rip? do I have to wait till release? cereals?

In case you guys haven't gotten it, warp just sent out an email about the album & pre-order:

"Thank you for your recent pre-order of the Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma album on Bleep. We have some special news for you regarding your order.

Flying Lotus, Warp and Brainfeeder have just announced a special live radio broadcast on 20th April 2010. Flying Lotus will take you through tracks from the album. For 24 hours on 4/20 all customers who pre-order the Cosmogramma album will receive a special miniature art print by Flying Lotus. In addition one pre-order* selected randomly will receive the original pen and watercolour art piece!

As a thank you for pre-ordering early, you will also receive the art print and you have been entered into the competition. You do not need to do anything to receive your print, it will be sent with your order."

Pretty cool to get a little bonus!

thats pretty sweet, but lol at the pen.

haha, I think what it means is that the artwork is done in pen & watercolor... and you get the artwork, not the pen lol

thats pretty sweet, but lol at the pen.

haha, I think what it means is that the artwork is done in pen & watercolor... and you get the artwork, not the pen lol

lol :cisfor:

Guest kelvanE

pissed at bleep.com. i ordered the Cosmogramma CD back when it was first announced on their site, and with shipping it was $24.89. Now, they are offering a limited edition "foil" album for cheaper, which I could buy with download for a total of $19.23.

I contacted them and asked if they'd cancel my old pre-order so I could order again. Think they'll be nice?

Archived