IGNORED

Oversteps Tour

Blir

their set at Glade 2009 was NOT the quaristice set, it was new...and it was fuckin ace - so maybe there where a few oversteps tunes in there.... or was it the quaristice set and was i just fucked?

i will find out at manchester pure...or will i just be fucked?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

their set at Glade 2009 was NOT the quaristice set, it was new...and it was fuckin ace - so maybe there where a few oversteps tunes in there.... or was it the quaristice set and was i just fucked?

It was the Quaristice set. For definite.

yeah i trust Obel on this one. there are a lot of people in this forum who haven't done their Ae homework, won't mention any names :whistling:

but one interesting fact is that apparently a couple one off Draft 7.30 shows were done in europe and it was completely exclusive material that did not appear in the 2001 or 2005 tours nor was it anything actually on Draft 7.30

i would kill my grandmother to get a recording of that

yeah i trust Obel on this one. there are a lot of people in this forum who haven't done their Ae homework, won't mention any names :whistling:

but one interesting fact is that apparently a couple one off Draft 7.30 shows were done in europe and it was completely exclusive material that did not appear in the 2001 or 2005 tours nor was it anything actually on Draft 7.30

i will never understand the top secret nature of their live shows.

id seen the quaristice set twice before and im convinced the glade set was different, and better.

but this is only my 10th post so what do i know eh? :cry:

i trust obel.

how can you not know if it was the quaristice set? haven't you heard that set before?

You're going to have to trust my ridiculously good memory on this one.

You know how in the LA 2008 set it taps a few times before the first beat drops? That never happened at Glade. They were checking their sound or something when all of a sudden the sound guy switched to them and their opening bit was mid way through playing, so they slowed it down to a stop, which sounded awesome. Then it kicked in as normal. I remember my glee at hearing my favourite parts again since the London show and a mate who'd never seen AE live before, his expressions at certain parts (like the saucepan sounds with the awesome bass) stick in my head. He was quite enthused!

You were just munted!

You're going to have to trust my ridiculously good memory on this one....

they slowed it down to a stop, which sounded awesome. Then it kicked in as normal.

You were just munted!

haha ah yes i remember that now. good one!

ottawa is that snowy? how far is it driving to toronto from there? that's the closest ae will come to either of us i bet, and i am sure a phuck going to that if it happens.

4.12.2008 one of the greatest days of my life. drinking labatt ice, quite stoned and just staring with my eyes wide open watching the red glow of b+b's hardware shine off their wise and brilliant faces..... :wub:

i want to move to the UK just so i can go see ae multiple times every tour like obel.

This

also I won't be buried under 4 feet of snow for 10 months of the year. :facepalm:

no, you'll just get even more infuriated at how pathetically this country deals with a cumstain covering of snow on the ground

Guest Tankakern

Yes, this is true. A gig took place in manchester just after the release of Draft at a place then called Zumbar. All unreleased material and most probably will not be heard again. Was truly amazing.

i want to move to the UK just so i can go see ae multiple times every tour like obel.

This

also I won't be buried under 4 feet of snow for 10 months of the year. :facepalm:

no, you'll just get even more infuriated at how pathetically this country deals with a cumstain covering of snow on the ground

I'll deal with a cumstain covering of snow. Around here, I regularly have to shovel the laneway, which can have anywhere from a foot to 3 or 4 feet of snow, but typically is closer to 2 feet. Mainly I'm just sick of the weather, the cold days, so many -25 days happening lately and I spend considerable time waiting for busses.

anyways, /rant

• 2 weeks later...

just out of curiosity, what are the crowds like at ae gigs? The Brighton date next month will be my first ae gig and I have no idea how the crowd reacts to ae's music in a dark room. I'm guessing people just stand still and take in the music :sleep:

just out of curiosity, what are the crowds like at ae gigs? The Brighton date next month will be my first ae gig and I have no idea how the crowd reacts to ae's music in a dark room. I'm guessing people just stand still and take in the music :sleep:

will be my first ae gig too, same venue.

if there's something that makes my body move, i'll be moving

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Yes, this is true. A gig took place in manchester just after the release of Draft at a place then called Zumbar. All unreleased material and most probably will not be heard again. Was truly amazing.

:fear:

The crowd are surprising actually. I saw a lot of tracksuits in the past, proper old style raver looking folk. Loads of cute girls (no, really!) and people young and old. In the queue to the London gig there was a dude in his late thirties behind me who was into them from around the Tri Rep era, nice dude.

In conclusion: Varied.

I was thinking exactly the same! I have no idea what to expect either. Strange one to behold in my head what exactly goes on at an Autechre gig.

Yeah, I saw them in Montreal in '08 and the pit was pretty huge, and most of the people were dancing as far as I could see. But yeah, I've heard it varies. There was one review of one of their more experimental shows where the guy said apparently everyone just sort of stood there with a puzzled look on their face. Probably was a US show though. Fuck.

Archived