IGNORED

Mouse On Mars - Parastrophics

plstik

Andi and Jan are currently in the studio to work on a new Mouse on Mars album. A source says: "Mouse on Mars are writing their most exciting new stuff for years - possibly decades. Playing mostly in clubs over the recent years has got the creative juices flowing like hot lava. They have got a load of skweee-y companies sniffing around!"

finally!!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea for the meantime, can anyone recommend some decent side project albums of theirs? I've checked out Microstoria - Model 3, Step 2 and Lithops - Uni Umit (both are decent enough but I haven't gotten too into them yet - Microstoria is particularly concrete) and am wondering what to check out next.

Do people like the von sudafed project? To be honest I thought it was a steaming pile of wank.

Yes! I saw them live in November 2008 and they were so fucking mindblowing. They began with two minutes of weird sounds and stuff and then it was pure techno for an hour and a half. It was really awesome. They did a 10-minute version of Actionist Respoke where that high pitched voice was coming over and over, it was insane. And yeah some skweee artists (Mesak vs Pavan vs Wankers United) were playing before them. That was probably the best electronic gig I've ever seen so far - that might change when I'll see Autechre in March and April. Definitely looking forward to this.

• 1 month later...

no news on the new album, but they´ re doing some touring:

2010-04-09 - Mouse On Mars

IT - Verona - Interzona.

2010-04-10 - Mouse On Mars

IT - Roma - Brancaleone.

2010-04-14 - Mouse On Mars

IT - Milan - Elita Festival.

2010-04-15 - Mouse On Mars

SL - Ljubljana - Kinoi Siska.

2010-06-01 - Mouse On Mars

CAN - Toronto - Wrongbar.

2010-06-02 - Mouse On Mars

CAN - Hamilton - Cashbah.

2010-06-03 - Mouse On Mars

CAN - Montreal - MUTEK Festival

If you´ re in Canada/Slovenia go there and tell me what kind of material they´ re playing!

• 2 months later...

Saw them at Haus der Kunst recently and they played a lot of material from the new album. NoisY!

I think they're the funkiest IDM artists around.

• 5 months later...

no new Album yet, but they announced to make the soundtrack for a radio program with Dietmar Dath(!!):

http://www.mouseonmars.com/ic/page/182/6id/204/news_detail.html

Sweet.

Wow, looking forward to this. Saw them this spring at Haus der Kunst, they said the material they played was taken from the tracks they prepared for the new album.

no new Album yet, but they announced to make the soundtrack for a radio program with Dietmar Dath(!!):

http://www.mouseonmars.com/ic/page/182/6id/204/news_detail.html

that's kind of good. i have to say i was really hoping this bump would be news about the album. i really look forward to hearing what they come up with.

Guest tht tne

I've only heard Niun Niggung and love it but I'm totally keen on hearing more of their shit.

i think their best is autoditacker, also love iaora tahiti

i can't say that i dislike anything they've made, including certain releases that most might deem lesser such as Varcharz, Von Sudenfed, and Vulvaland.

everything they've done has been great and worth exploring, with my least favorite probably being Radical Connector which still has some great songs.

my favorite is also Audoditacker

Guest tht tne

i can't say that i dislike anything they've made, including certain releases that most might deem lesser such as Varcharz, Von Sudenfed, and Vulvaland.

everything they've done has been great and worth exploring, with my least favorite probably being Radical Connector which still has some great songs.

radical connector is also my least favorite... they let dodo go overboard on the vocals and songwriting apparently

radical connector is also my least favorite... they let dodo go overboard on the vocals and songwriting apparently

It's my least favorite as well. It's when I saw them live, though.

• 1 month later...

Archived