IGNORED

Mouse On Mars - Parastrophics

plstik

Anybody familiar with the first track in this live set? Considering the direction this album is headed I wouldn't be surprised if it was on the album. The squelchy climax gives me Frosch-like feelings :)

http://redbullmusica...com/shows/1860/

idk, but I like it a lot, thanks for sharing

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

"

Intense, cut-up electronics, technoid R&B and avant-wonky deconstructions on the 11th album from Mouse On Mars, which comes courtesy of Modeselektor’s Monkeytown label. Created using their own custom-built software, which they developed for their live Pandaemonium project (in which they manipulate the output of an orchestra in real-time), Parastrophics is a royal headf*ck – just when you think you’ve got a handle on one of its squelched-out grooves, you realise you’ve actually no idea; this is 3-dimensional music, coming at you from all sides, its funk persistent and undeniable but in a permanent state of flux. One way or t’other, it’s the most ‘floor-friendly MoM record we’ve heard in a while: bear witness to the cartoonish techno-boogie of ‘Wienuss’, or ‘They Know Your Name’, which sounds like some kind of bastard hash of Gwen Stefani’s ‘Hollaback Girl’ and Roman Flugel’s ‘Geht’s Noch’, while ‘Baku Hipster’ is an inspired MIA parody that’s crying out to be exercised in the club. The core of the album – tracks like ‘Syncroptians’, ‘Cricket’, ‘Imatch’ – sound like Jan St Werner and Andi Toma’s take on Hud Mo-style hip-hop/R&B fantasia, completely bonkers but totally on-point. Seriously, this duo cram more incident into a single track than most producers manage in a career – sometimes this tendency is maddening, but for the most part it’s exhilarating. Certainly if you’ve got enough caffeine in your bloodstream, then Parastrophics is gonna blow you way."

Monkeytown and MoM? They really seem right about their decision. The sound is a bit like Modeselektor but at least they don't gave up their experimental side over here. Great stuff, thanks for the white vinyl link!

The artwork is hilarious but fitting very well to them. My first touch with them was via their Anne Clark Remix they made some years ago but sadly I never got into their first albums.

Good to know that this album will be ordered immediately after next payment.

Monkeytown and MoM? They really seem right about their decision. The sound is a bit like Modeselektor but at least they don't gave up their experimental side over here. Great stuff, thanks for the white vinyl link!

The artwork is hilarious but fitting very well to them. My first touch with them was via their Anne Clark Remix they made some years ago but sadly I never got into their first albums.

Mines on order too ;)

But Niun Niggung, Autoditacker, and Idiology were amazing imo. Maybe give em' a second listen some years from now.

Mines on order too ;)

But Niun Niggung, Autoditacker, and Idiology were amazing imo. Maybe give em' a second listen some years from now.

Yes I should do that really. There are several albums I have to give a second try after years of missing listening.

The only thing I play often is the single Actionist Respoke. The extended version is really awesome.

Mines on order too ;)

Yes I should do that really. There are several albums I have to give a second try after years of missing listening.

The only thing I play often is the single Actionist Respoke. The extended version is really awesome.

For sure! Autoditacker is one of my favorite records of that era. It's got a strange feel to it... reminds me of spyro the dragon for ps1 lol

Archived