IGNORED

Mouse On Mars - Parastrophics

plstik

I can see how one would feel it's their best. I've listened through it many many times the past few days. Constantly entertaining. I think my favorite aspect of it is that it is their most unabashedly and consistently 'fun.' That is, it's the one that you can blast on your car speakers over and over like it's the newest hip-hop/crunk release, except it's Mouse on Mars and it's really freaky. There aren't any low points.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see how one would feel it's their best. I've listened through it many many times the past few days. Constantly entertaining. I think my favorite aspect of it is that it is their most unabashedly and consistently 'fun.' That is, it's the one that you can blast on your car speakers over and over like it's the newest hip-hop/crunk release, except it's Mouse on Mars and it's really freaky. There aren't any low points.

Yeah! Exactly. Loving the production value too, everything sounds great.

I really think these guys could be huge if they had the strong desire to be... I don't think they do though. and all the better for their fans. genius. I feel like they're the Schoenberg of postmodern 21st century music. haha. "the liberators of infinity."

I think this sums it up pretty well

Moods: Eccentric Fractured Lively Manic Freewheeling Playful Quirky Rollicking Trippy Clinical Light Amiable/Good-Natured Boisterous Hypnotic Irreverent Uncompromising Volatile Wintry Exuberant Detached

I think this sums it up pretty well

Eccentric Fractured Lively Manic Freewheeling Playful Quirky Rollicking Trippy Clinical Light Amiable/Good-Natured Boisterous Hypnotic Irreverent Uncompromising Volatile Wintry Exuberant Detached

Just gave this a thorough listening to and it's a devastating record. I simply love what they do with those vocals and vocal samples in there music.

getting this tomorrow! CANT WAIT

This, I promised myself that I'd but it from the local shop here (as opposed to buying it online) but I haven't been able to get there yet, and it's killing me!

I am so ready to blast the shit outta this in my car!

I feel like this is the non-homosexual version of age of adz. And by that I mean sufjan wants to have andi and jan's skills so hard.

anyway. this is fucking great. They have the album opener down to a science. Sui Shop, Download Sophist/Yippie, Actionist respoke, and now the beach stop are all PERFECT.

:w00t:

I think it was bob dob himself who made me first check out MoM. I remember he said that every track has about 69,000 things going on at once. dead on :beer:

pre-ordered the white vinyl from monkeytown a while ago, still waiting on it making the long journey to my doorstep.

I asked this earlier but no one replied...do vinyl and CD purchases come with downloads?

I feel like this is the non-homosexual version of age of adz. And by that I mean sufjan wants to have andi and jan's skills so hard. anyway. this is fucking great. They have the album opener down to a science. Sui Shop, Download Sophist/Yippie, Actionist respoke, and now the beach stop are all PERFECT. :w00t: I think it was bob dob himself who made me first check out MoM. I remember he said that every track has about 69,000 things going on at once. dead on :beer:

Toasting.jpg

you guys have me so rock hard for this album rite now

agreed.

so far this looks to be a promising year for music.

This MOM album

New V-snares (probably timesig003)

New squarepusher

New Clark

New Bibio (I think)

Not a bad start.

agreed.

This MOM album

New squarepusher

New Clark

New Bibio (I think)

Not a bad start.

I have a feeling timesig003 is otto von schirachs new ep

agreed.

This MOM album

New squarepusher

New Clark

New Bibio (I think)

Not a bad start.

I have a feeling timesig003 is otto von schirachs new ep

i dunno i thought i read on his (mr funk's) facebook he was finishing it up or something.

Archived