IGNORED

Fluorescent Grey track featured in April issue of Wire Magazine

awepittance

cover314.jpg

Featuring: DJ Stingray, Eleh, The Gaslamp Killer, Stefan Goldmann, Konono No. 1, Joanna Newsom, Giacinto Scelsi, Raymond Scott, Edgard Varese

wiretapper23.jpg

1 Elfmilk - The Oracle (Wire Tapper Edit)

2 Windup - Sevilla Una Maravilla

3 Nico Teen - Hungry For Love

4 Advanced Sportswear - 300 Seconds

5 Julia Wolfe - LAD: Part 2 (Edit)

6 Aaron Martin - Water Tongue

7 Spyweirdos - e (Edit)

8 De Haan/Spruit - Schoonhoven-1

9 Quiet Club, The - Free Energy Receiver (Excerpt)

10 Technical Drawings - Marching Band

11 TSIGOTI - The Sickofwar Traine

12 Soom T* - Puff That Weed

13 A Band, The - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

14 Fluorescent Grey - Mawaributai Shimpan Utazaimon

15 Raymond Dijkstra - L'opus ch (Excerpt)

16 Random Touch - Blue Ice

17 Clogs - On The Edge

Featuring - Shara Worden

18 Anduin - Autumn Looming

19 Han Bennink Trio - Flemische March

20 Rolf Julius - Song From The Past

the song is a 4 minute edit of an 11 minute track, unfortunately i forgot to mention it.

if you want to listen to it you can here

i posted some pictures i took during my stay in Japan that inspired this track at my new blog as well as some back story on the title

http://freemasonicmusic.blogspot.com/2010/03/mawaributai-shimpan-utazaimon.html

~ce28.jpg

~ce21.jpg

Oooh a new Tapper, awesome. It's weird, even though I've got more and more into the experimental scene I still never know hardly anyone on the wire tapper cds (This time I know Aaron Martin, and yourself of course)

Oooh a new Tapper, awesome. It's weird, even though I've got more and more into the experimental scene I still never know hardly anyone on the wire tapper cds (This time I know Aaron Martin, and yourself of course)

That's because (and no offense to robbie) the experimental scene is like the punk scene of the early 80s or the alternative/indie scene of the early 90s. Except worse.

There's a million kids with computers who make experimental music.

Guest Glass Plate

That's because (and no offense to robbie) the experimental scene is like the punk scene of the early 80s or the alternative/indie scene of the early 90s. Except worse.

There's a million kids with computers who make jumpstyle.

fixed.

I've heard of quite a few good artists just from picking up the Wire Tapper, for example this guy '10-20' from the last Wiretapper, i think some of you might dig this

http://www.discogs.com/10-20-Lake/release/2076920

There's a million kids with computers who make experimental music.

i don't think that's the reason why, maybe it's a small part of it but i think the Wire actually enjoys exposing people to lesser known artists. It's what they've been great at doing for as long as i've been reading it. I've heard of so much music straight from the Wire it's not even funny.

edit: the problem you speak to is problematic with any genre of music nowadays, i think the Wiretapper does a pretty good job though of not just putting cliche 'experimental' music on like straight up drone, noise or acoustic improvisation

edit2: found another decent artist on this month's wire tapper, indian chick off of Jahtari records here - http://myspace.com/mcsoomt

i lolled when i sat down for a shit, opened wire, and your smiling visage was on p3

:emotawesomepm9:

thanks everybody for the kind words, braintree, salvitorin, bronchuseven (<-- we need to see more of you around these parts) o00o, karmakramer very much appreciated. Now i just have to finish my next album, i have so much material it might end up being 2cds

Upon purchasing the latest Wire Tapper

tapper1.jpg

"I say, there's certainly a lot of strange sounding artists on this compact disc"

tapper2.jpg

"The polyrhythms on this track make me want to stroke my IDM beard"

tapper3.jpg

"My word, I know this one !"

tapper1.jpg

"I say, there's certainly a lot of strange sounding artists on this compact disc"

tapper2.jpg

tapper3.jpg

hahaha classic,

tapper1.jpg

tapper2.jpg

tapper3.jpg

nice you got my headphones :beer:

I might be off the mark here, and I'm not trying to disrespect Wire or Robbie's track, but I'm pretty sure the magazine offers slots on those discs for a fee as well. I only know this because my label posts monthly ads with them and they offer us things from time to time. Needless to say it was expensive and we did not take them up on it, and I'm sure there's a percentage of stuff they ask people for on those CDs as well, but the fact that it's open for paying submissions like advertisements are kinda changes the quality control aspect of it I think.

All the same there, did not mean for my comment of speculation to come off as a backhanded insult. It's very awesome to know you were featured on the CD! Apologies if my reply was seen as negative...

this is the second or maybe third time rob's been on a wiretapper

and the reviews of his stuff have been positive (mind you, so have the reviews of your stuff that i've seen, brian).

so in summation, i have no idea.

Archived