IGNORED

Autechre - Move Of Ten

Guest Enter a new display name

wtf is with the piss take talk again... EVERY release it seems this bs comes up.. :facepalm:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wtf is with the piss take talk again... EVERY release it seems this bs comes up.. :facepalm:

Not exactly evidence of anything. Though yeah Maximus is like 12 so he's full of shit. Though the statement could actually be correct.

Hmmm

yeah i advise those who thinks it sounds BOC ish to go check out some Zoviet France from 1985-1992, it seems very obviously an homage to them. BOC did not invent the 'muted ethereal lofi pads' aesthetic

It's a combination of what they (or what one of them) says in interviews, and the actual sound of many of their newer tracks, which can sound silly, sketchy, and occasionally downright lazy.

no u

Guest Hanratty

have the AE boys ever released solo stuff? I'd like to hear it. a couple years ago the two guys from Stars of the Lid released solo albums and was a lot of fun to listen to and compare to their more famous work.

the only thing remotely close to this is the sean booth/vaino/kouhei collaboration album that came out about 3 months ago. other than that no sean booth or rob solo work exsists that i know of

· The release is available on 10 track digipack

CD and as two separate, limited edition (350

copies each) LPs, one with four tracks, the

other six.

The bold part is probably not true though. Anybody heard/read anything about them being limited? 350 copies each is very few. :o

WARP/bleep didn't say anyinthg about limited edition in the press release did they?

and:

Tracklist across formats:

LP1 (WAP505X)

Etchogon-S * y7 * pce freeze 2.8i * rew(1)

LP2 (WAP505Y)

nth Dafuseder.b * iris was a pupil * no border * M62 * ylm0 * Cep puiqMX

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/117653

i'm really beginning to hate how warp release such limited quantities of their vinyl.. are they the only label that doesn't repress/reissue their releases? how does warp benefit from people spending ridiculous amounts of money on ebay/discogs for out of print autechre records?

i'm really beginning to hate how warp release such limited quantities of their vinyl.. are they the only label that doesn't repress/reissue their releases? how does warp benefit from people spending ridiculous amounts of money on ebay/discogs for out of print autechre records?

they do repress stuff though...

i've never seen any autechre reissues, well not since the bunch i saw in record stores in 2001-2002 (when i didn't have the money to buy them)

· The release is available on 10 track digipackCD and as two separate, limited edition (350copies each) LPs, one with four tracks, theother six.
The bold part is probably not true though. Anybody heard/read anything about them being limited? 350 copies each is very few. :oWARP/bleep didn't say anyinthg about limited edition in the press release did they? and:
Tracklist across formats:LP1 (WAP505X)Etchogon-S * y7 * pce freeze 2.8i * rew(1)LP2 (WAP505Y)nth Dafuseder.b * iris was a pupil * no border * M62 * ylm0 * Cep puiqMX
http://www.normanrecords.com/records/117653

where is that quote from? that's definitely not an official announcement, at least not via warp.net / bleep.com / autechre.ws

to be fair, i think the "news" that it's a limited vinyl pressing is bullshit, oversteps wasn't limited and that had more reason to be: 180 gram pressing, in a nicely done box. Move Of Ten is just standard fare by the looks of it, i wouldn't have thought it'd even be a 180 gram pressing

no no, i've seen reissues recently (around untilted i think or later) check discogs

cd reissues, yes, but most of the vinyl versions have only had one pressing - which is pretty lame.

hmm.. i thought discogs was pretty good at showing when an album was re-pressed, nothing is showing up on the release pages?

fake edit: i'm just depressed that i don't see many ae vinyl releases in record stores anymore. now that i actually have the money to buy them!

move of ten has somehow increased my ability to appreciate oversteps! i had already come quite a ways from when i first

listened to oversteps in my abilities to understand it properly - but i spent time listening to it last night for the first time after past weeks

of move of ten obsession and responded to it much more intensely then i ever had before. is anyone else experiencing this kind of synergy between the two albums?

Guest Apeofnaples

move of ten has somehow increased my ability to appreciate oversteps! i had already come quite a ways from when i first

listened to oversteps in my abilities to understand it properly - but i spent time listening to it last night for the first time after past weeks

of move of ten obsession and responded to it much more intensely then i ever had before. is anyone else experiencing this kind of synergy between the two albums?

I have yet to really get into Move of Ten, only given it one proper listen. But Oversteps has become one of my favorite albums, fragile and crushing in equal measure, can't get enough. I'll jump on to Move of Ten soon, looking forward to it :)

Archived