IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

Actually enjoyed last night's episode. Finally a change in the dynamic of this show.

Dingleberry breakup metaphors/10 i guess.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The last handful of episodes have been largely inoffensive; I dunno if I'm losing my mind or what.

Edited by baph

The last handful of episodes have been largely inoffensive; I dunno if I'm loosing my mind or what.

I guess it's more the "they've been the hunted forever, OK I get it" mentality of what this show has been & why I grew bored with it. I'm glad it's changing in that they have become the hunters. It was filmed rather generically, but the idea of systematically wiping out a group of people with knives to the head while they sleep is rather brutal yet welcome as a viewer.

Edited by olo

the episode tonight was great. they took out EVERYBODY. and of course the question was brought up.... are they the good guys or bad guys, i liked that.

I rather enjoyed last nights episode. I liked how the one chick went right at maggie's belly with the knife. Cold man.

Very nice windows movie maker transitions, it seems the budget cuts are over.

I thought it was an after effects zoom/motion blur transition myself. Must have had an intern editing. (use them myself at work, heh)

Who didn't see that chick getting got from a mile away...

Rosita was on Talking Dead. Damn girl.

such awful direction of the firefight, absolutely no clue what has happened there. somehow they managed to survive unscathed after being held literally in the cross hairs when the fight began.

Edited by eugene

And what's up with Carol having to leave. Again...

Come on with that noise, "Don't come after me...", except she should know they're going to go after her. Lame.

yeah, they fucked up Carol. the most badass character on the show. i just can't see her going from dressing up as a ninja & running around capping all those wolves to little miss rosary in such a short period of time.

she doesn't want to kill anymore so her solution to that is to leave the one safe haven there is and go off into the wilderness again all by herself?! where's the logic in that?

and i know that the writers must have so much fun writing abraham & eugenes dialogue, but does anyone on the face of the earth actually talk like that? i don't even know what their style of speaking is supposed to be based on.

and i know that the writers must have so much fun writing abraham & eugenes dialogue, but does anyone on the face of the earth actually talk like that? i don't even know what their style of speaking is supposed to be based on.

Hi-five. Brilliant observation. It's complete comic book speak including the speech bubbles.

such awful direction of the firefight, absolutely no clue what has happened there. somehow they managed to survive unscathed after being held literally in the cross hairs when the fight began.

no one could get an accurate aim because they were all watching eugene bite melted mans thing..... yeah that wasn't a great epi.

i preferred when they were straying from the comics, now it feels a bit close in the overall arc of the story

Why do I still watch this show

My reasons:

1. i've been following the comics so long that it's become part of my monthly routine. The comic is at worst an unoffending way to kill 30 minutes, at best some pretty entertaining escapism, so naturally sometimes i go "hmm wonder how the show depicts this"

2. i actually really like some of the visuals. like in this most recent episode i thought the background hills & powerlines during the road scene were quite lush. also that one shot a lone zombie wandering in a field from season 2 that became part of the opening credits

3. once in a while it stops being all dramatic monologues about nothing in particular & becomes a pretty good zombie action drama. this half season has been better than average so fingers crossed.

also imo the comic gets a lot better with the negan arc & everything after the time skip, so hopefully the show will experience a similar upswing

I thought it was an after effects zoom/motion blur transition myself.

I was thinking while watching this week's episode that those edits served no purpose whatsoever. Like there was literally no point to them.

Unless it was supposed to represent a time shift? The monotony of routine setting in?

This week's episode was decent as well, but how the fuck does Darryl the expert tracker get caught in a ruse like that?

I thought it was an after effects zoom/motion blur transition myself.

This week's episode was decent as well, but how the fuck does Darryl the expert tracker get caught in a ruse like that?

It's just an easy way to set up the Negan arc coming in the finale. It was back to characters making dumb decisions to move the story along. My money is their going to pull a bait & switch & Daryl's gonna get his brains bashed out. Everybody & their mother is expecting Glenn. (Hopefully both get it mind you, a nice 2 fer.)

+ Norman Reedus is on Talking Dead after the finale & getting another reality show on AMC. Make the internets cry Gimple. DO IT.

It's also funny in interviews how the actors were sooo gutted reading the finale script. Some didn't want to go to work, some couldn't sleep, some were completely pissed. Bring it.

Edited by olo

i don't think they will kill daryl, but them wanting you to think he is dead at the end of the finale is more predictable then glen getting his head bashed in

i don't think they will kill daryl, but them wanting you to think he is dead at the end of the finale is more predictable then glen getting his head bashed in

Not following jules. You mean the end of the last episode where they shoot him?

I don't know, I feel that everybody is expecting Glenn to bite it more so than Daryl at this point. Comic book arc and internet rumblings as to why I say so.