IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Glen fake-out was used by TWD crew as a tester to see how the audience is going to react to...

...when he gets his head bashed in by Negan at the end of this season.

That outcome is the only way I could forgive them for this fake-out bullshit. If Glen is not used in the spoiler scene, seriously fuck that show.

I hope this happens, so bad.

Might be a bit too brutal for the show though.

The Glen fake-out was used by TWD crew as a tester to see how the audience is going to react to...

...when he gets his head bashed in by Negan at the end of this season.

That outcome is the only way I could forgive them for this fake-out bullshit. If Glen is not used in the spoiler scene, seriously fuck that show.

I hope this happens, so bad.

Might be a bit too brutal for the show though.

I don't know. Hershel got his head hacked off. & the headbashing-throat slitting trough was pretty nasty...They can get away with it.

randomly mentioning- the telltale game was aight. season 1 anyway. until i got to the last chapter and my savegame fucked up and i couldn't finish it, which seems to be an issue with it (and which telltale seems to have just shittily ignored in their forums even tho lots were bitching about it), and made me decide against playing any of them after that. it was ok story wise etc, like most telltale stuff lately. haven't read any of the comic so the game is my only other walking dead exposure

imo they totally fucked up the whole glen thing and also missed a lot of possible opportunities with it.

when glen fell his head was situated away from the thing he and that guy were standing on, but somehow when he's laying there he crawls under it as if his head was pointing back at it, unless i maybe missed it showing him somehow crawl back in that direction with a ton of zombies pulling at him? either way, it was totally cheating. tv shows/movies cheating with things like this, where they show you one thing and then kind of change what they showed you to get out of a problem they made, goes back to the old days. i kind of hate when they do it. i hated it about the game heavy rain where they had to sort of retroactively change what you saw to explain how the twist could be possible. imo its bad writing that ruins something that could've been cool had they put more thought into working it out in a more consistent with the established facts manner.

anyway, i think they clearly intended the fake glen death thing to be the cornerstone for this season since they dragged it out so long, and they totally fucked it up. was any one person at all surprised when they showed him again? the idiots couldn't even keep their own secret a secret for literally like 5 minutes because they had the talking dead guy basically clue you in that what you just saw may not have been what it looked like. is this a byproduct of our pussified PC society and the walking dead team assuming society couldn't handle a fake out of a 'favorite tv show character' being killed, so they had to soften the blow by giving us a wink and nudge right after? i mean what the fuck, why even do it, act like its a big part of the season, if they aren't even going to commit to it 50% of the way? i can't understand what logic went behind this at all.

one opportunity they totally blew is that even tho this kind of thing has been done by shows/movies forever, they had something none of those had, which is the chance to take the fake-out to a meta level. because they have that stupid talk show about the show, they could've brought glen's actor on, had him act like he really was killed off, then bring him back. that might've been lame in its own way but at least it would've been a unique thing, and also a more modern 'meta' way of doing the age old fake-out. can't believe how bad they fucked this up...

Honestly I thought he was supposed to be dead. The death scene felt intense enough for me to think that was the point. Only when I went on reddit did I see all the shit about him coming back. I hated the whole thing. Not only did they now make glen impossible to kill in the foreseeable future, they fucked up an emotional moment and made it feel deceptive. I normally don't go on reddit or read any episode discussions online, and it may have ruined it idk.

That music at the end when they were covered in zombie guts was really terrible, that dumb kid really annoys me as well. Not one of the better episodes of the season.

That music at the end when they were covered in zombie guts was really terrible, that dumb kid really annoys me as well. Not one of the better episodes of the season.

Really hoping the dumb kid gets eaten, his screams cause his brother to get eaten, who in his death throes shoots off Carl's hair.

Also I know suspension of disbelief and all, but how the fuck is Carol suddenly able to kick Morgan's ass? Did he forget all his bojutsu? Did the cheese-maker not get time to teach Morgan all of Aikido? I mean wtf.

Anyways, didn't realize that was the mid-season finale.

pJFGOzx.jpg

that was truly awful. how many people fell down running from the walkers in the beginning? really? falling down? you can walk at a normal pace and out-run these zombies.

that escape in the guts was so cringe, even the wardrobe looked bad

I'm a Walking Dead Novice... I first started watching Fear of the Walking Dead then went on to season 6 afterwards... So all this is new to me since I don't watch much TV... I watched the first episode of season 1 last night just to get a grasp.

Whereas I saw a counterpoint to the watmm opinion on facebook, where someone I know said that this has been the BEST series of TWD yet, and the best mid-season episiode.

Who do I believe?

huh?

us.

also, unfriend that person.

Edited by olo

Whereas I saw a counterpoint to the watmm opinion on facebook, where someone I know said that this has been the BEST series of TWD yet, and the best mid-season episiode.

Who do I believe?

huh?

us.

also, unfriend that person.

this is the worst season. i liked the idea of them defending a town, but it got off to a stupid start with the quarry (the plan was stupid, but i suppose it could be argued that its stupidity was irrelevant because you know, as they were there doing a dry run the zombies broke through so they had to to wing it), the glen nonsense was botched (could have been executed better, this was covered in a previous post), and this midseason finale was just terribly conceived and written ("your dad was an asshole" the carol v aikido guy, the covered in guts magic).

• 2 months later...