Ed Banger To Release Squarepusher's new projet

Stock

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jackson Michaels

I am disappoint.

:cisfor:

It's still a happy kind of disappointment because I know he will release a shitload of albums and EPs at a yearly rate (hopefully).

No, I won't like them all, but he does whatever he wants to do. I listen to John Zorn. Squarepusher is next in line when it comes to mindfuckery.

:cisfor:

Guest no carrier

as i said earlier, i only like this track because squarepusher made it. i reckon he's trying to make a few bucks with this record so i wish him well in that pursuit. i'm not going to go out of my way to buy this record, however, if i happen across it during a record hunt i'll likely nab it.

oh yeah and that mister oizo remix tries too hard

Seems like 23rd august (aka today) for the digital release on bleep and beatport, 30th august on Itunes, 6th september physical. The 12" is too expansive (for those 2 only tracks), will definitely not get it on vinyl.

Seems like 23rd august (aka today) for the digital release on bleep and beatport, 30th august on Itunes, 6th september physical. The 12" is too expansive (for those 2 only tracks), will definitely not get it on vinyl.

The original Squarepusher tune is available now, the remix not yet.

I miss his crazy jungle years more and more with every new release.

I'm not, I'm loving Squarepusher more and more with every release since he moved away from his jungle/drill'n'bass days. It's just more fun and makes me want to groove my little socks off. Apart from Feed Me Weird Things (which I've only heard a couple of times) and the Big Loada EP (which admittedly I really like) I've bought nothing of his pre-Ultravisitor and have no wish to from what I've heard.

Though I'm thinking I'm waaaay outside the majority of peoples' opinions here.

(Edit - I forgot about the track 'Iambic 5 Poetry'. One of the most beautiful tracks I've ever heard ...)

Guest analogue wings

I'm not, I'm loving Squarepusher more and more with every release since he moved away from his jungle/drill'n'bass days. It's just more fun and makes me want to groove my little socks off. Apart from Feed Me Weird Things (which I've only heard a couple of times) and the Big Loada EP (which admittedly I really like) I've bought nothing of his pre-Ultravisitor and have no wish to from what I've heard.

not mine! i think it's fucking retarded to be a fan of "progressive" music and then moan that an artist doesnt sound just like they did in the '90s

Guest ledouxca

not mine! i think it's fucking retarded to be a fan of "progressive" music and then moan that an artist doesnt sound just like they did in the '90s

The problem is not him changing his sound, it's that this song is very bland. Sorry if that hurts your feelings mate but I'm definitely disappointed.

Guest no carrier

to be honest, when i first started listening to squarepusher i wasn't like "oh my lord this music is PROGRESSIVE" it was more like "whoa, this kicks ass." granted, i was a fan of drum and bass so hearing squarepusher and aphex twin take the format and turn it into, well, braindance, was incredible. it was captivating, exciting, and it had balls. "that sounds alright, mate, that sounds like goldie!"

while i do understand that tom jenkinson is an artist whose scope is beyond that of an electronic music beatmasher, i must confess that it was akin to a swift kick in the testes when music has rotted one note dropped and all of a sudden the pipeline of new badass superdrumandbass was gone. it's artistically great all the critics and sophisticated types love it, for sure, but it left me reeling.

eventually venetian snares showed up and tried to give us heathens a visceral assembly-line of what would eventually be called breakcore, but he can't provide the fix i often need still to this very day. tom returned to that form with go plastic, which i consider to be a bitter album because i think he had a hard time pleasing both critics and his oldschool visceral fans who weren't rushing out with open wallets to buy progressive one-man-jazzband outfits. go plastic always made me think he was telling his hardcore oldschool drill-n-base "okay you assholes here look i'm going to go WAH WAH WAH BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ now give me some fucking money already"

c'est la vie, though. i'll always keep an open ear and very likely an open wallet for mister jenkinson, i owe him that much.

Guest no carrier

i've got insomnia tonight so i'll add this to my theory.

this song is from early on MRON and he proclaims "don't go plastic" with plastic essentially being a metaphor for "fake" or "computer assisted" music. eventually, he had to "go plastic" to reclaim the base. seeing as this was approximately 12 years ago, i was a lot younger. having listened to a few MRON cuts here in the process of researching my post, you know, this is indeed better than i remembered. maybe i've gotten more sophisticated with age? scary thought.

Guest FoldingPidgeon

bah, cryptic motion isn't all that bad. I like it a lot, even if it doesn't quite have that Squarepusher taste some people are looking for

Guest FutureCowboy

I'm OK with the new track. The whole mid-tempo thing is a cool departure, and the ripping synth lines in between bass hits are nice. Total 303 tease in the last half though.

Just visited here for the first time in literally 2 yrs, couldn't believe my login was still active, so I had to post. That is all.

Guest teetime

Possible Track list of the new album.

(In any order)

Plug Me In 4:49

Cryptic Motion 6:11

Laser Rock 4:43

Into The Blue 4:46

Frisco Wave 3:45

Megazine 4:34

Abstract Lover 3:46

Endless Night 5:05

Maximum Planck 6:58