IGNORED

Plaid + the Southbank Gamelan Players

Guest sirch

no problem mate. found it on their site the other day, which i've been checking most days recently, hoping to see an announcement about Scintilli, lol.. here's hoping it will be soon... :)

really like the Gamelan/Plaid stuff. it's really relaxing and soothing. wanna hear/see some more. more, more, more. lol

no problem mate. found it on their site the other day, which i've been checking most days recently, hoping to see an announcement about Scintilli, lol.. here's hoping it will be soon... :)

really like the Gamelan/Plaid stuff. it's really relaxing and soothing. wanna hear/see some more. more, more, more. lol

Yep, i'm hoping soon too! Plaid/Soundbank Gamelan Players album would be great!.. something to kick back and relax to. I agree there are some lovely soothing sounds coming from these guys.. hungry for more :)

i wasn't really that excited for the new plaid (sorry - i love them but the let down of Greedy Baby was huge) however if this is what they've been up to i'm very, very looking forward to Scintili.

Question is - who the hell is Ben Dowden?

i liked Greedy Baby. enjoyed the films and the 5.1 audio. i like Bobs' style and i love Plaid, so i had a lot of time for it.

there are parts of Spokes that i prefer to Greedy Baby, tho. but i love that they released a DVD album in 5.1, as a whole package.

not just an audio CD, and not just a Live DVD. i think it was a big accomplishment and i don't really get why a lot of people diss it so much....

anyways, i don't think Scintilli will be much like their work with the SBGP's. nor much like the Nord Route shows.

those are/were side projects after/inbetween writing/finishing off Scintilli, i reckon.

i think Scintilli will be much harder, darker, bassey, dancey, IDM, electronica, a la olde Plaid. :)

also, Plaid have done loads of good stuff and released loads of new music since Greedy Baby. GB was yonks ago!

there's been countless remixes, exclusive new tracks, and 2 new soundtrack albums!! not to mention all the live/collab shows.. oh, i just did.

i liked Greedy Baby. enjoyed the films and the 5.1 audio. i like Bobs' style and i love Plaid, so i had a lot of time for it.

there are parts of Spokes that i prefer to Greedy Baby, tho. but i love that they released a DVD album in 5.1, as a whole package.

not just an audio CD, and not just a Live DVD. i think it was a big accomplishment and i don't really get why a lot of people diss it so much....

anyways, i don't think Scintilli will be much like their work with the SBGP's. nor much like the Nord Route shows.

those are/were side projects after/inbetween writing/finishing off Scintilli, i reckon.

i think Scintilli will be much harder, darker, bassey, dancey, IDM, electronica, a la olde Plaid. :)

my problem with greedy baby was the disconnect, for me personally, between my (very high) expectations and the final product, exacerbated by the long delay (are you reading this, warp? this would apply to BoC, too) i like the Bob stuff, and the music wasn't bad, but it's still my least favorite Plaid album-proper. I haven't really taken to the soundtracks either, they seemed to be missing something.

I hope you're right though about scintilli. i also hope that the nord route & sbgp stuff don't stay as footnotes, as i love the sbgp vid.

i think the soundtracks weren't as deep/layered as older Plaid stuff 'cos it was meant as soundtrack music for film? :)

not a 'look what we can do' sort of ting, showing off their skills. like almost every Ae album of late is a 'check how much noise we can make this time with our machines, aren't we fucking ace, and yeah we can still make a lot of noise, you know it!' sorta ting.

i like the Tekkon Kinkreet soundtrack more when it's seperate to the film. haven't even seen Heaven's Door yet but i love that soundtrack, too.. better than Tekkon, imo.. if you like Plaid i dunno how you can not enjoy the soundtracks.... ? it's good music, imo. :)

Good chance (if it comes up) Scintilli will have some of this Japanese influence on it... what you reckon?

using my psychic powers i reckon Scintilli will not have much Japanese influence on it.

and i reckon they'll have dropped the plinky-tinkly xylophone sounds a bit aswell.

using my crystal ball i can see Bass and Beats and lots of it. and more dancier, but harder, darker stuff.

with a few beatless tracks, and a few more song-like tracks in composition. much like 'Eyen'.

there will also be a few suprises in there that even my mystical powers cannot quite make out...... cloudy it is.

i smell ganja.

I want them to cut back on the plinky-tinkly xylophone sounds as well. I am hoping for a more mellow album this time round though as the last few albums have already been quite dark and had lots of bass and beats. Don't get me wrong i love that side of Plaid.. i'm just in a mellow mood i guess and in need of more harmony :)

...and ganja.

the naughties gave us Booc, Trainer, Double Figure, P-Brane, Spokes, Greedy Baby (on Warp), aswell as the remixes collection on Peacefrog (which i love), 2 soundtrack albums and countless other remixes. so maybe you're right, maybe it will be a much much more mellower album than previous material. but all the clips of live shows on youtube suggest otherwise. there's a bunch of tracks they play at most gigs, so i reckon they'll be on the new album, and they're all quite hard, bassey numbers. but who knows. if it's a double album.... there'll be all sorts of stuff on there. !

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c7aOPrq9mU

i really hope an album or DVD gets made and put out of this stuff..

i wouldn't like to think this collab/ music will just dissapear now the tour is over. that would suck.

so many people won't get to experience its beauty apart from in youtube cameraphone clip form. :(

i'd love to see it on a big screen tv in 5.1, really loud and really stoned... :)

• 1 month later...

i hope that, too! :fear:

Archived