IGNORED

Explanation about Aphex Twin´s workflow while producing beats

Dancing Brain

i don't understand. what is it you want to know exactly?

i don't understand. what is it you think you understand about Richard's work process exactly, troon?

Guest cult fiction

Well, I remember reading Richard uses(well, used) Cubase. It sounds like he does a lot of bouncing and not a lot of cross-fading - there are a decent number of little hard clips and disappearing reverb tails if you listen closely enough. I think it's just a lot of careful work and audio slicing.

i don't understand. what is it you want to know exactly?

i don't understand. what is it you think you understand about Richard's work process exactly, troon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvpmxY4dc4c&feature=related

I was kidding. Jeez.

So, who will start to explain?

(I just will use this topic as a tool so don´t speak about me please - thank you)

He starts by reading the rules. If you want to be like him, you should probably do that too.

It goes like this: first they download a beat off flybeats dot com, then they put it in magix music maker. After a little while their mom comes round and helps them do their homework, and their cat walks strolls over the keyboards and synths. when the twins get back they press the quantize and glitch knobs that their dad made for them.

*edited for accuracy.

Well, I remember reading Richard uses(well, used) Cubase. It sounds like he does a lot of bouncing and not a lot of cross-fading - there are a decent number of little hard clips and disappearing reverb tails if you listen closely enough. I think it's just a lot of careful work and audio slicing.

In one interview someone asked if Richard D. James still is working with Max MSP. Now I don´t know the full name of this "Max" but he could be a german. I don´t know because they just used the "MSP" as the familiy-name (maybe because its so secret!). Maybe this Max knows the answers to our question. Maybe we all should start asking Luke Vibert or Autechre to join this board here, so they can get the chance of answering our questions. We even could say they can win - if they do it - a awesome sexy eurodance complilation from 1992 with sexy guys dancing! I bet Autechre, Luke Vibert and Aphex Twin would die for this to happen!

In one interview someone asked if Richard D. James still is working with Max MSP. Now I don´t know the full name of this "Max" but he could be a german. I don´t know because they just used the "MSP" as the familiy-name (maybe because its so secret!). Maybe this Max knows the answers to our question. Maybe we all should start asking Luke Vibert or Autechre to join this board here, so they can get the chance of answering our questions. We even could say they can win - if they do it - a awesome sexy eurodance compilation from 1992 with sexy guys dancing! I bet Autechre, Luke Vibert and Aphex Twin would die for this to happen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKuC74CBVV8

Archived