IGNORED

I fucking hate dogs.

wahrk

Why the fuck would you want a large animal with sub-par hygiene that constantly wants to lick you, eats any food items (and sometimes other items) that are left out, and whose response to everything unknown is making a huge fucking ruckus?!

Yeah, I guess that might be useful if you need some kind of alert system when you're living in the wild, but up in these here civilized parts of the world, it's not useful. It's just a huge fucking bitch!! (no pun intended)

Seriously, how did these animals survive in the wild? "Oh hey, there's a thing out there. It could be prey or it could be a predator. I'm gonna make noise and alert it to my position." Worst - idea - ever. What can that possibly achieve? Scare the prey? Stupid idea. Then it runs. Scare the predator? Yeah, sure I guess, but they go off way before anything directly threatens them. Notify your friends? Definitely not the brightest way to do so.

They also just want to assert their dominance over everything, which is stupid. Everyone knowing you're in power is the worst way to have power. You have far more power when no one is aware that you have it.

Maybe the owners are just the same way. They want to assert their dominance over an inferior species. Or maybe they just want to share an outward dominance with the dog.

Fuck that shit regardless. I don't want to have to deal with some fucking stupid animal that doesn't know when to shut its mouth, wait, and observe.

tl;dr I think dogs are generally shitty animals to live with.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the bigger ones because they don't talk much. The little yappy ones should take an acid bath.

Chihuahuas are overgrown rats.

Guest fiznuthian

i thought about posting a thread earlier about poodles, and how that particular breed i can't stand to be around. not just the way they look, their behavioral traits are so intolerable for me. i typically like dogs that love attention.

i agree with all of your criticisms as long as we establish that all dogs are not the same.

some are dumb, eat their own shit, don't listen well, dominate everything, try to attack people and pets, etc..

but then others are calm, collected, acute listeners, they don't eat their shit or random objects, and

carefully follow your body language to understand what you are communicating to them.

lets get real here, there are a lot of people who know fuck all about how to care for their dogs.

dogs are not at all like humans. a lot of breeds absolutely REQUIRE exercise and activity.

otherwise they experience severe behavioral problems.

its no wonder people's dog experiences are often negative ones,

dogs left inside all day, with no pack hierarchy to follow and no exercise can really make people hate dogs.

oh and dogs left outside chained up or in a small pen with no companion or care really gets me steaming pissed.

you know, the ones that bark and howl all night at anything. the only thing they interact with is their dumbfuck owner

putting food in their bowl and petting their head once or twice a day.

ur being kinda dumb no offense

he's fucking retarded, offense intended. Or doing the world's worst troll attempt--either way it's coming off totally shite.

if you're attempting to outdo Overlooks last dog thread troll attempt, you need to make it at least a hair above sub par

Why the fuck would you want a large animal with sub-par hygiene that constantly wants to lick you, eats any food items (and sometimes other items) that are left out, and whose response to everything unknown is making a huge fucking ruckus?!

Yeah, I guess that might be useful if you need some kind of alert system when you're living in the wild, but up in these here civilized parts of the world, it's not useful. It's just a huge fucking bitch!! (no pun intended)

Seriously, how did these animals survive in the wild? "Oh hey, there's a thing out there. It could be prey or it could be a predator. I'm gonna make noise and alert it to my position." Worst - idea - ever. What can that possibly achieve? Scare the prey? Stupid idea. Then it runs. Scare the predator? Yeah, sure I guess, but they go off way before anything directly threatens them. Notify your friends? Definitely not the brightest way to do so.

They also just want to assert their dominance over everything, which is stupid. Everyone knowing you're in power is the worst way to have power. You have far more power when no one is aware that you have it.

Maybe the owners are just the same way. They want to assert their dominance over an inferior species. Or maybe they just want to share an outward dominance with the dog.

Fuck that shit regardless. I don't want to have to deal with some fucking stupid animal that doesn't know when to shut its mouth, wait, and observe.

tl;dr I think dogs are shitty animals to live with.

Well, if the owner doesn't raise the dog properly they'll get the kind of dog you just described.

Guest fiznuthian

blue heelers have to be one of the most awesome breeds if taught correctly.

they're tremendously energetic and you have to exercise them for hours to keep them calm,

but once they choose you as their owner they'll do whatever you wish them to.

their instinct to herd things is hilarious too.. chasing balls around,

anything that runs with or away from them..

heelers get super excited on farmland, i had mine pace huge circles around a cow field he discovered

super fast. the cows were standing in the middle orienting themselves in view of him, preparing for movement.

i kept yelling at him to come back and leave them alone, but he wouldn't come until he had finished an entire lap

then ran back loyally up the hill. i assume he just wanted the to tease them, get a little action in.

300_352480.jpg

It's really two things:

1. My personality and 98% of dogs behavior patterns do not mesh. They either disrupt whatever I'm doing by being loud or by bugging me for attention or they don't and I gain nothing by them being there.

2. Almost all of my experiences with dogs have been terrible, especially my roommate's. Worst dog I've ever met, and it's definitely due in large part to his upbringing and care.

I don't jive with the athletic play or the affection shown through licking. In contrast, I love the low volume, good hygiene, dexterous play, and affection shown through contact exhibited by cats. :biggrin:

But yeah, I'm mostly just blowing off steam so I feel less like abusing a dog.

Lots of people who get dogs should get a cat instead. Yes that sounds like an outrage. But come on when a person lives in a small apartment with no real yard and no time to train and exercise the dog, why bother? It ends up like the one described in the first post more often than not.

Seriously, they are vastly better at surviving in the wild then you are. They work in packs to take their prey down. They don't need to be silent hunters. The sheer amount of them that you get in their packs can keep up with any prey you throw at it. The dogs will not give in. They will keep chasing and chasing until their prey is tired then go for the kill. For them it's an extremely effective way to live. You seem to be equating a hand-reared house pet as a wild animal. It's like comparing a house cat to a tiger or lion. :rolleyes:

Seriously, they are vastly better at surviving in the wild then you are. They work in packs to take their prey down. They don't need to be silent hunters. The sheer amount of them that you get in their packs can keep up with any prey you throw at it. The dogs will not give in. They will keep chasing and chasing until their prey is tired then go for the kill. For them it's an extremely effective way to live. You seem to be equating a hand-reared house pet as a wild animal. It's like comparing a house cat to a tiger or lion. :rolleyes:

Most domesticated ones will probably just end up being scavengers should they be forced to survive on their own without humans.

Guest Calx Sherbet

Why the fuck would you want a large animal with sub-par hygiene

a dog could ask a human that same question

ur being kinda dumb no offense

he's fucking retarded, offense intended. Or doing the world's worst troll attempt--either way it's coming off totally shite. Wahrk, I can get you schooled if you want but somehow I don't think you've got the grey to take it in

whoa, who hacked YOUR account??

They either disrupt whatever I'm doing by being loud or by bugging me for attention or they don't and I gain nothing by them being there.

So anything that fails to gain your attention shouldn't be there?

Archived