IGNORED

Wolfgang Voigt / Gas

Guest carthief

You don't need to justify why he's good for you and how nothing is wrong with him and his particular moves, that's a consensus as it is. I wanted to share my total disillusion in a naive fashion as i once was a fan. To add a bit of negativity as awful as it sounds. I don't want to "open eyes", so i kept my points ambiguous without detailed explanation.

I can't enjoy shit like this though, it's so theatrical it hurts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xEmq4Giyt0

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need to justify why he's good for you and how nothing is wrong with him and his particular moves, that's a consensus as it is. I wanted to share my total disillusion in a naive fashion as i once was a fan. To add a bit of negativity as awful as it sounds. I don't want to "open eyes", so i kept my points ambiguous without detailed explanation.

I can't enjoy shit like this though, it's so theatrical it hurts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xEmq4Giyt0

His words sound like wisdom to me.

Ha, that's funny! That's the exact interview I was thinking of when I said I liked some of his recent interviews. The RBMA one as well.

I enjoyed the RMBA one but still giggle at the part where he affirms "techno must be 4/4"

To be fair to ol' Wolfie 4/4 is pretty ingrained in the DNA of techno. Sure you could build a choon in 3 or 6 (or an odd meter if you're feeling particularly IDM) on a palette of similar sounds & textures, but it's lack of technos will be immediately apparent and you won't be able to dance to it (unless you're into waltzing).

Wolfgang "Kompakt" Voigt likes 4/4.

The NERVE!!!

Back on topic though, I ordered Ruckverzauberung 9 and cannot wait for it to arrive.

To be fair to ol' Wolfie 4/4 is pretty ingrained in the DNA of techno.

Wolfgang "Kompakt" Voigt likes 4/4.

Oh I agree, he was just so serious and German about it when he elaborated. It amused me in a good way.

• 1 month later...

I've been listening to Ruck 9 lots, I think it's just as mindblowing as GAS, and surpasses GAS in certain ways (heavy repetition on the surface, constant variation of underlying parameters).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...