IGNORED

any artists whose b-sides are as good

Guest tht tne

Guest tht tne

just enjoying my complete collection of radiohead b-sides (problem, watmm?) and wondering if anyone's b-sides are as good as or better than their album tracks

Cant contribute, but Radiohead's B sides are fucking brilliant. I prefer some of them to the album tracks.

I think Pixies B-sides are pretty good. Oh and Gorillaz too. (If you like them bands that is)

Guest Greg Reason

Björk

Monster Magnet

Tori Amos

Sigur Rós

Goldfrapp

rain by the beatles is a b-side and it's their best song

The Beatles sort of don't count because neither their b-sides nor their a-sides were ever on their albums :biggrin:

Rain is fucking awesome though!

Guest Greg Reason

Was going to say Radiohead... Polyethylene 1&2, How I Made My Millions, etc are amazing

I love The Amazing Sounds of Orgy from the Pyramid Song single

Guest tht tne

pavement had some good b-sides

rain by the beatles is a b-side and it's their best song

i love rain but i like paperback writer more

Was going to say Radiohead... Polyethylene 1&2, How I Made My Millions, etc are amazing

I love The Amazing Sounds of Orgy from the Pyramid Song single

Pearly.

A Reminder!

Tortoise has some pretty righteous b-sides. Gamera, Madison Area, Cliffdweller Society, and way more.

Guest Clipwave

Color me pleasantly surprised that I'm not the only RH fan here - I was rather expecting the attitude to be similar to RDJ's. But yeah, almost all of their B-sides are of uniform quality with their albums, up until their last one, where the B-sides were kinda disappointing. All the Amnesiac era B-sides are better than the album tracks. Fog is so good.

i was gonna say radiohead too, haha. even the bends-era b-sides are great; banana co., how can you be sure, killer cars, coke babies...

and with the beatles, i think "don't let me down" might be my current favorite beatles track

Guest cult fiction

Blur's b-sides are excellent... every album has a ton of excellent b-sides. All Your Life and Black Book stand out in my mind right now, but there's lots of good ones.

I think the late 70s/early-mid 80s spawned a lot of great b-side from great bands:

Siouxsie and The Banshees

The Smiths (Don't forget that 'How Soon Is Now?' first appeared as a b-side on the 'William' 12")

The Cure (as disparaissant also posted)

The Fall

Echo and The Bunnymen

The The

I'm not sure about Cocteaus, as they tended to release EPs rather than singles on the whole. Although there were few if any weak tracks on them all the same.

Plus The Beatles and Radiohead.

Archived