IGNORED

good Black Dog albums to get?

sergeantk

I already have Bytes and a couple Plaid albums, as well as a bunch of tracks under the Balil monkier, but I'd like to try some of his main discography stuff. I figured this was the right place to ask

Thanks guys.

Unless youre looking for Black Dog PRoductions stuff. Which is pretty much just Bytes, Spanners and Music for Adverts and Short Films(and not even that because that was just Downie).

Id try this thread.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/62076-the-black-dog/page__p__1473122__hl__black+dog__fromsearch__1#entry1473122

If youre not up for reading it. Get Spanners, fantastic album.

Actually, I was looking for more of Ken's stuff, just cause what I've heard is incredible. I will def check out that thread.

Well he did Music for ASF by himself, as far as Im aware. But you'll definitely want to check this out dude.

Not kidding, some of the best stuff Ive ever heard. Sensational.

I already have Bytes and a couple Plaid albums, as well as a bunch of tracks under the Balil monkier, but I'd like to try some of his main discography stuff. I figured this was the right place to ask

Thanks guys.

what do you mean by "his main discography" ? do you mean Ken Downies' ? or Balils' ?

Bytes and Spanners are a must. Temple of Transparent Balls is hit 'n miss. they're the only 3 albums that Plaid and Downie did together.

i'd download ToTB first then decide if you want to buy.

Unsavoury Products is a good album aswell. all the rest after that is hit 'n miss, too, imo. so maybe try before you buy there.

a lot of people like Radio Scarecrow, tho. some good tracks on there.

Actually, I was looking for more of Ken's stuff, just cause what I've heard is incredible. I will def check out that thread.

get Music for Adverts and Short Films. you'll like that one then, if you're into the Downie styles of old. :)

Archived