Guest theSun

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WATMMean

That's pretty cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNRPouqD_M

Haha! Well played.

Also, I still really want that track from their Oversteps live set that has the high pitched wails in it (that honestly sound like whales). It's about 48 minutes in on that remaster that Soundwave did way back.

Whatever the new album sounds like, it better contain copious amounts of beat fuckery a-la Untilted, Draft, Confield.

They also shouldn't listen to our opinion.

But they also better have tons of beat fuckery. The last two pieces had some delicious ambience and cuteness which a lot of us die hard Ae fans have been craving, but I'm done swimming and am ready for my head to be beaten around in a complex machine again.

Whatever they churn out, I'm almost positive I'll really dig it. So instead of requests as to what it should sound like, I'll just say honestly that I'm ready for it to come out whenever, preferably sooner rather than later. All I would like from the album is for it to come out as soon as it can. I understand that new Clark has to come out first, as well as new Squarepusher, maybe new Flying Lotus beforehand too. But I just hope it's not another 3 year wait.

I actually had a dream last night that involved an autechre live stream and the unveiling of a new album.

Then I ended up invading a french castle with my dad.

Then I woke up!

lol ae fever

would you guys rather see them turn out a good ol' album, i.e. CD length linear listening experience, or play with the form of release?

cuz i'd really like to see the latter, Mini Disc was fun, Quaristice had a slight twist on album experience too which was cool.. There's so much you could do with modern "playback devices".. dunno, tapes lend themselves for mix tapes, pocket computers lend themselves to all sorts of on the fly music generation. But listening to that Andrewsomething/SeanBooth talk i don't get my hopes up for them to produce something computational... still, I would totally cream over Autechre making a super autistic video game sorta thing.

I would love another release like MInidisc. Something in a weird format could be really fun, maybe an app. Although I doubt they'd use a proprietary format, and it also seems out of character for them to make something so graphically-oriented.

Also I'd love something that sounds like Minidisc. I get the impression that most people are not huge fans of Minidisc, though. I like stuff that's nearer the noise neighborhood.

ive never heard the minidisc stuff.... guess I should try and track it down.

Would love to see a proper DVD release of autechre music, 5.1 with some minimal visuals and stuff.

The hafler collab hinted at what icould be done, and if sean has been playing with programming then its quite possible this could be the next evolution of their "album"...

I wonder if they would ever experiment with live visuals? I imagine they would be pretty low key / minimal if they did, nothing like what squarepusher/aphex are doing, but I think it would be pretty cool if they had something synched up properly.

Probably deserves its own thread... when did they start performing in complete darkness??

Guest texan whip

A bit of bag pipes would be a change of direction, plus reading your guys pissed off reactions would be hilarious.

A bit of bag pipes would be a change of direction, plus reading your guys pissed off reactions would be hilarious.

Oh LOL! Post of the year so far.

I actually had a dream last night that involved an autechre live stream and the unveiling of a new album.

Then I ended up invading a french castle with my dad.

Then I woke up!

lol ae fever

faever

Look at me!

Guest theSun

Oh LOL! Post of the year so far.

That would be awesome though. I'm sure they could write some flexible patches in max and program the most intense uncategorizable interactive multimedia piece that the world has ever seen. That would be some relatively groundbreaking shit.

What if you could fuck with how a digital format like FLAC/WAV/etc. is converted into playback? What if they created something like Minidisc except it was a 1 hour continuous piece with a constant tempo and your Foobar/Winamp/whatever would never read it the same way twice? Playback would begin at random points and jump in a non-linear fashion around the file and create a new listening experience every time. It would be ultimate fanboy fuckery i.e. man part x was wicked! I CAN'T GET MINE TO DO IT!, etc.

17070542.jpg

this is probably one of the most IDM things i've ever seen written.

What if you could fuck with how a digital format like FLAC/WAV/etc. is converted into playback? What if they created something like Minidisc except it was a 1 hour continuous piece with a constant tempo and your Foobar/Winamp/whatever would never read it the same way twice? Playback would begin at random points and jump in a non-linear fashion around the file and create a new listening experience every time. It would be ultimate fanboy fuckery i.e. man part x was wicked! I CAN'T GET MINE TO DO IT!, etc.

if only, if only. i've been working towards doing something not quite that cool, but with the same basic randomize/same tempo/etc idea, for a little while now. shit's difficult.

edit: i missed my main point. ...but if anyone could do that sort of thing, it would be AE. i'd love to see them release something that could actually do what you're saying. it'd be awesome.

Guest RadarJammer

17070542.jpg

You can add cue points to a wav file and then I bet you could pay some coder $2 to write a quick program in 10 minutes that jumps to random cue points.

Archived