IGNORED

Alberto Balsalm is his finest moment.

sergeantk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a hge fan of all he's done and there are dozens of tracks I spin quite regularly nut none of them capture the magic of Alberto Balsalm. It really is his best track. DON'T DENY

I actually somewhat agree.

:sup:

Blue Calx is up there, too.

ps

Read the rules.

it's kind of like Aphex Twin's version of 'Yesterday' because it's like such a simple song (isn't it like, made of 3 sounds alternating in different ways) and it's like definitely an effective song but do you really want to consider it the best, or do you even consider it the best or is it just one of those things 'if I was forced to make a list of my favorite Aphex songs in some bizarre hostage situation' but yeah I think both songs have like some kind of human self-destruct pattern of music were it seems very conclusive (ok best song ever just finished. time to go home guys) but I think it's way too easy/ white people/European ideal that the best music has to be this bittersweet melancholia because white people like cheese (the food) or something and cheese has a bittersweet melancholia as far as food goes

I actually fucking hate songs like Alberto Balsalm/Yesterday. It's like the exact kind of music that needs to die

it's kind of like Aphex Twin's version of 'Yesterday' because it's like such a simple song (isn't it like, made of 3 sounds alternating in different ways) and it's like definitely an effective song but do you really want to consider it the best, or do you even consider it the best or is it just one of those things 'if I was forced to make a list of my favorite Aphex songs in some bizarre hostage situation' but yeah I think both songs have like some kind of human self-destruct pattern of music were it seems very conclusive (ok best song ever just finished. time to go home guys) but I think it's way too easy/ white people/European ideal that the best music has to be this bittersweet melancholia because white people like cheese (the food) or something and cheese has a bittersweet melancholia as far as food goes

I actually fucking hate songs like Alberto Balsalm/Yesterday. It's like the exact kind of music that needs to die

implied-facepalm.jpg

haha just saying something like YELLOW CALX is amazing and yeah Rhubarb, I literally don't like the structure of songs like Alberto Balsalm/Yesterday it feels like it's trying to take over other good songs in my head musical co-dependence

I made the same point about In The Maze Park a while back, it's good but I can see RDJ hating himself for having made it because it feels cheap for him

Alberto Balsalm is his finest moment.

False. Read the rules, asshole.

you crabby forum hermit. none of this affects you. any one who ever says read the rules has never enjoyed music as much as i have.

all you moderaters reading this, instead of prolonging a thread that "shouldn't exist," just move it into the right area, or merge it with another topic.

don't say anything, don't waste the physical space that a laser burns onto a disk somewhere that enables you to type 'read the rules' and me to read 'read the rules,' don't exacerbate global warming with the heat expelled by your body from the exertion of typing R E A D T H E R U L E S, don't add the carbon dioxide to our atmosphere from your sigh of annoyance, don't waste water by letting tears stream down your cheeks at this violation.

yes, any damage done by a violation of the rules is multiplied ten fold by your informing the violater.

before you type read the rules, read this post.

Alberto Balsalm, In The Maze Park, Rhubarb, Laughable Butane Bob, all those immediately excellent and catchy tunes are one of the many things he does well.

Have to be dead honest about this; In The Maze Park sounds like Flashbulb to me. A lot. It's a lot better than Flashbulb ultimately though. I just wouldn't say it's RDJ's high point.

i have in the maze park on a cd in my car with a bunch of other lords and everytime it comes on i skip it as soon as I hear those opening chords cause for some reason it reminds me of WATMM

All this Alberto hate....

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WATMM VOTED IT BEST RDJ SONG IN THAT POLL THING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :trashbear:

Of course it's a lovely song. I care for it deeply.

But it's not the best. noooooooo sir.

any one who ever says read the rules has never enjoyed music as much as i have.

don't say anything, don't waste the physical space that a laser burns onto a disk somewhere that enables you to type 'read the rules' and me to read 'read the rules,' don't exacerbate global warming with the heat expelled by your body from the exertion of typing R E A D T H E R U L E S, don't add the carbon dioxide to our atmosphere from your sigh of annoyance, don't waste water by letting tears stream down your cheeks at this violation.

before you type read the rules, read this post.

read the rules

:facepalm:

:flower:

Guest Calx Sherbet

Um.. wasn't this particular track voted the greatest ever by Richard D. James in a WATMM bracketology?

as if we know anything about aphex twin music

• 2 weeks later...

Archived