IGNORED

any good sets from the Quaristice tour ?

khov

i was listening to the LA mp3 set the other day, recorded in 2008 & was wondering if there were any better recordings from that area ?

the music seems great but it was recorded from the audience, so not the best sound at all. i know there are not Soundboard recordings either.

I bet that with all those mighty basses, autechre shows must not be the easiest to record but...

Guest Greg Reason

Very disappointing that there aren't any better quality recordings floating around from this tour, they were doing some real intricate stuff and it's a shame to only have muddy mp3s to listen to

yeah we have the soundboard toronto set of the confield tour, 2 soundboards recordings from the untilted one (glasgow + pontins), a few good audience recordings from 2010 but those mp3 dont do justice to the quaristice tour. i'll try to catch that postgarage one.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

i'll try to catch that postgarage one.

the ridiculous amounts of bass distorted pretty much everything in that recording

Very disappointing that there aren't any better quality recordings floating around from this tour, they were doing some real intricate stuff and it's a shame to only have muddy mp3s to listen to

Autechre made an concerted effort to prevent soundboard recordings made after the Glasgow leak got so popular online. Shame really, it's among their best new material

Guest Greg Reason

Yeah I heard about that. And I understand where they're coming from but as a fan it really pains me because I love the live stuff. The funny thing is I'm still going to get all the live recordings anyway despite the fact that only around a third of them sound very good... I still want to hear all the variations on the different sets and what is effectively a motherload of music that isn't available on the albums and eps. I understand that it's structured differently because they'd prefer us to be in a room with big loud speakers while we listen to this material but hey... Still well worth a listen

absolutely, i do understand as well where they are coming from. Like Coil did later in their career i hope Autechre loosen up a little with their arguably rigid way of releasing things. For example, why not put any 'bonus' material on this boxset coming out? The radio broadcast format seems to make them comfortable enough to drop some unreleased goodies, including those extra long Draft and Confield variations. So i'm crossing my fingers that one of these days we hear a quaristice set droppe into one of the upcoming webcasts.

Guest bitroast

absolutely, i do understand as well where they are coming from. Like Coil did later in their career i hope Autechre loosen up a little with their arguably rigid way of releasing things. For example, why not put any 'bonus' material on this boxset coming out? The radio broadcast format seems to make them comfortable enough to drop some unreleased goodies, including those extra long Draft and Confield variations. So i'm crossing my fingers that one of these days we hear a quaristice set droppe into one of the upcoming webcasts.

ooh. bonus material on the boxset would probably just upset who aren't going to be buying it / have the original releases. not allowing sb recordings is disapointing tho. their live sets are absolutely incredible.

having seen them live during the oversteps tour, i couldn't help but get the feeling it was something that has to be listened to by as many people as possible! some of their best material and sounds come from the live sets.

i would trade my right hand for that but...i've noticed sometimes musicans get advices from producers, friends in order to choose which track/music to release. in Autechre's case, they really seems to be loners, locked up in their lair(s), in their own world, with MUCH success (oversteps is a killer album) but i wish someone would convince them to put out this war chest. same story with squarepusher (the archive set for warp). time will tell...

I'm still pissed they hardly tour the US. Fuck I would die to see them live but I've never had the opportunity here. Quari tour they played a few US cities but I was excluded as they played 21+ shows. Then no US tour for Oversteps

Guest extherium

I'm still pissed they hardly tour the US. Fuck I would die to see them live but I've never had the opportunity here. Quari tour they played a few US cities but I was excluded as they played 21+ shows. Then no US tour for Oversteps

As it stands, they tour the US more regularly and have played more shows than Australia. I had to fly interstate last year just to go see them, and even then I found the set nowhere near as enthralling as some of the recordings floating around the internet.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

~ism has glasgow 2005 in wav, but he's not going to share it, because if he did, Ae would get mad at him

As it stands, they tour the US more regularly and have played more shows than Australia. I had to fly interstate last year just to go see them, and even then I found the set nowhere near as enthralling as some of the recordings floating around the internet.

Yeah--all said and done, America is pretty fucking lucky to have gotten Ae as much as it has and even more remarkable when you consider the relative rave desert of most of the U.S.

This is no consolation when you drive 12 hours to Chicago for the Untilted tour and get kicked out during SND for bootlegging. Fuck you Metro. Fuck your mother.

Agreed.

Yeah--all said and done, America is pretty fucking lucky to have gotten Ae as much as it has and even more remarkable when you consider the relative rave desert of most of the U.S.

This is no consolation when you drive 12 hours to Chicago for the Untilted tour and get kicked out during SND for bootlegging. Fuck you Metro. Fuck your mother.

ohfuck i can't believe you didn't just drive off a cliff after that.

Archived