IGNORED

Describe why you hate acid

acidphakist

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aphex twin and his imation ceephax twin ruined acid IMO

i think you'll find ceephax was doing the retro roland acid thing well before analord if fact i'd go as far to say one influenced the other in many ways

suprised no ones mentioned Plastikman yet but if you not telling the difference between an afx and vibert track is something you shouldnt be saying it out loud on this forum methinx

aphex twin and his imation ceephax twin ruined acid IMO

i think you'll find ceephax was doing the retro roland acid thing well before analord if fact i'd go as far to say one influenced the other in many ways

suprised no ones mentioned Plastikman yet but if you not telling the difference between an afx and vibert track is something you shouldnt be saying it out loud on this forum methinx

My plastikman tattoo speaks louder than words.

The fact that most people can't make the damn stuff properly. Full out acid music should twist the mind so much you don't need to take the drug. Oh, and i hate stupid acid music like some of ceephax's baroque style tracks. Hmmm, wished ceephax would make more records like "Radiotin EP".

The fact that most people can't make the damn stuff properly. Full out acid music should twist the mind so much you don't need to take the drug. Oh, and i hate stupid acid music like some of ceephax's baroque style tracks. Hmmm, wished ceephax would make more records like "Radiotin EP".

Pretty much how I feel.

:happy:

Guest Scrambled Ears

mixing in more stuff like the MPC? the MPC is just a fancy sampler really

clearly you've never given it more than a casual try, if even that.

edit: check out this pic from the MPC Wikipedia page. :aphexsign:

it has great midi facilities... add in some bits of gear that can do both midi and cv/gate... etc.

in that picture it looks as though the person is using another mixer in addition to the MP (granted a 500)

I've always felt the mixer was one of the weaker functions of the MP and have reserved all that for the DAW stage relying more on the sequencing/midi aspects though I would love to be enlightened if there is more than meets the eye here

I don't like acid because I like harsh contrasting sounds. I tire of the sound really quickly, usually before the track has ended. I don't find it 'warm'. There's some really catchy melodic pop songs on Analord that I'd like as much as something like Fingerbib if only it wasn't acid.

Maybe this is different in Europe, but in Canada, most people I know experienced and understand what acid is because of things like Luke Vibert, Aphex Twin, The Tuss, etc. Dubstep, though, has been mostly popularized at raves etc where people don't really care about the music since they'll be too fucked to really even pay attention to it. I don't know, I just think it's strange to dislike a genre that has grown when things exist that just stagnate, like dubstep.

acid came the same way :cerious:

I know your initial question was to find out what you might be doing wrong in your own music C, but you should stop asking and just keep making quality music....

fuck what everyone else thinks!

Do what you love!

play out live, see how people react to what you do, fuck what watmm thinks....

play a goddamn rave and see how much everyone loves what you do....

Watmm is filled with a bunch of iconoclastic hipster douches that you don't need advice from anyhow(cept for EOD, I would listen to him), you know what you are doing, just keep doing it!!!!!!!!!!!

I know your initial question was to find out what you might be doing wrong in your own music C, but you should stop asking and just keep making quality music....

fuck what everyone else thinks!

Do what you love!

play out live, see how people react to what you do, fuck what watmm thinks....

play a goddamn rave and see how much everyone loves what you do....

Watmm is filled with a bunch of iconoclastic hipster douches that you don't need advice from anyhow(cept for EOD, I would listen to him), you know what you are doing, just keep doing it!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

I dislike the opinion "If you slap acid onto a song, it's now good".

No one will admit they have this opinion, but many on this forum do.

I love/adore acid when used correctly :music:

the 303's sequencer suck's ass although I bet a few hit anthems were accidental

I think you'll find it doesn't suck.. in fact is one of the charms of the 303 itself. if you really study the 303 in depth (ie. not just how it looks/sounds/the history behind it ect;), its much more then a bassline machine. the whole Track write/bar select modes is so primitive yet (bar the 606) nothing else comes close to how awesome it is to programme full tracks with, not that many people do it this way anymore..also it can be used as a sequencer, to things which dont have pattern banks (101/mc202)

now. whilst the 303 is cool bit of gear..the 101 is just as good in my opinion, yet it gets looked over far too much. its a mainstay of all acid style/idm music since the 90's. but most people probably know this.

Black guys don't make it anymore :cry:

This could be arguably be said of any Western popular music genre ever. :cerious:

you could be right there

Archived