IGNORED

2011 Most IDM Tournament

QBLA

FINALS  

126 members have voted

1. 1. CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

• Tesla
    • Windows 95

that overtime poll was bullshit. 1 hour? Give me a fuckin break. Not all of us have no lives and are tethered 24/7 to watmm.

fucking losers.

get laid.

dawson_crying.gif

I'm over it now. I voted Windows 95 because Tesla is more "metal" than IDM.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows 95 reflects the death of the IDM aesthetic - not to mention a genuine respect for the true state of IDM in the modern age.

when one listens to such pure classics of the IDM genre - perhaps 'Dael' or 'Clipper' by Autechre - they may imagine the sounds of an archaic 90s operating system singing of its own existence

I think people forgot also that IDM isn't simply defined by superhardcore ultra technological insanity

there have been such melodic and simple, fun pieces as 'Fingerbib' and 'Goon Gumpas' [generally defined as IDM]

these pieces are just as much a defining moment of the genre

The schools of IDM are plentiful but perhaps a new school should be opened out of respect to the non super technological and love for the simple yet absurd

RIP

plaid-rest-proof-clockwork-cover-37.jpeg

Why Windows 95, you ask?

IDM is as dead as Windows 95.

/thread

Soviet Monuments > Tesla

Win95 > Dew Covered Insects

But

Tesla > Win95

If Tesla wins, I'll be pretty happy. He was brilliant/IDM as fuck.

Even if Win95 had it's charm with it's constant freezing and you really had to work to get your stuff to function.

That's the beauty of it. IDM isn't meant to be easy. IDM does whatever the fuck it wants, and it's filled with viruses that will fuck your shit up. it's not a fucking MacBook pro, which Tesla would no doubt be all over. It's all about the glitch man, THE GLITCH!! :wtf:

I just pulled the pin on a grenade. The grenade is in my hand. Put your hand on my hand, brother.

I've been waiting for this moment my whole life.

Archived