IGNORED

bitcoin

perunamuusi

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant
reddit

I think you answered your own question there.

I wouldn't be surprised if there WERE, though, after some of the ridiculous garbage people have done in the name of buttcoin. Just read about some kid (like 23) who took out a 40k mortgage on his house and spent it all on buttcoins when they were 800 a pop. Whoops.

If I invested in bitcoin I'd prolly reach in my pocket for the powerful hallucinogens I carry with me at all times, then proceed to have an out-of-body experience

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How will it be regulated? The article is very light on details.

And this quote is such bullshit:

“To have an organized exchange that has the backing of thoughtful venture capitalists and investors addresses one of the main problems with bitcoin: its extreme volatility,” Campbell R. Harvey, a Duke University finance professor who has studied cryptocurrencies, told the Wall Street Journal.

Venture capitalists and investors do sweet FA for a currency's volatility - currency controls and capital flow restrictions help stabilize currencies. People who seek to earn off currencies love volatility. Ask George Soros.

Archived