IGNORED

Balam Acab - Wander / Wonder

Redruth

completely agree but I think he handled this a but different. you can not deny the talent and maturity of this from a 20 year old after a bunch of hype. solid follow through imo. he could have easily gone right into the dumpster but this is pretty cohesive and in a slighty different direction than expected.

"It's not classical music, but in the tradition of a classical work like a Bach Cello Suite, I see it as more of a whole musical piece with themes/motifs/ideas reoccurring throughout, connecting the tracks together as opposed to simply being a collection of songs that sit next to each other in isolation. It's also an album that should be listened to loudly."

What the fucking fuck, seriously, what type of bullshit is this? Just because you do a cohesive album you have to compare it with classical music? "In the tradition of a classical work like a Bach Cello Suite"? holy shit. Damned underages dominating music industry and magazines. That is what's wrong with this field.

Yeah, that's like making a web page in Adobe Dreamweaver and thinking you're Donald Knuth.

This is half the reason I hang out on watmm I think, where else is Knuth namedropped in an album review?

But yeah. F'reals. Apt.

Good production but the +198108301 pitched up vocals make me want to shoot myself in the face

I listened to the clips on boomkat which is of course not worthy of judgement and those pitched up vocals reared their ugly heads. I cannot abide pitched up vocals.

"It's not classical music, but in the tradition of a classical work like a Bach Cello Suite, I see it as more of a whole musical piece with themes/motifs/ideas reoccurring throughout, connecting the tracks together as opposed to simply being a collection of songs that sit next to each other in isolation. It's also an album that should be listened to loudly."

What the fucking fuck, seriously, what type of bullshit is this? Just because you do a cohesive album you have to compare it with classical music? "In the tradition of a classical work like a Bach Cello Suite"? holy shit. Damned underages dominating music industry and magazines. That is what's wrong with this field.

Yeah, that's like making a web page in Adobe Dreamweaver and thinking you're Donald Knuth.

This is half the reason I hang out on watmm I think, where else is Knuth namedropped in an album review?

But yeah. F'reals. Apt.

lol

Guest AcrossCanyons

Cheers to this kid- for making mostly ambient music in a time when ambient is not really "cool" amongst the crowd I thought he associated with.

erm, what? a whole bunch of people in the scene make ambient/ambient inspired or associated music.

Archived