IGNORED

The Haxan Cloak - Excavation

Redruth

W7krdCj.jpg

"Due to the fact the forthcoming album by The Haxan Cloak has now been pushed back to early 2013 we thought we'd give you a small insight into what you can expect, so here's a preview of album track 'The Mirror Reflecting II"

http://soundcloud.com/tri_angle_records/the-haxan-cloak-the-mirror

the haxan cloak https://twitter.com/haxan_cloak

Edited by Redruth

Shame this album has been delayed, I really like his Observatory and Latitudes releases. I just bought his first album, I was quite shocked at how different it sounds, really dark ambient

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

About 40 seconds in and this sounds mental...

Im getting that tingle that tells me this could be special

Edited by beerwolf

Well that was dark as fuck. Kind of continues on from the first album rather than the stuff he's done inbetween, which I'm a little disappointed by but only a little. Will be buying.

My only slight gripe, was that after a while it seemed to be a bit samey. But I think more listens would perhaps reveal more depth.

I also like Haxan Cloak because he's very low on the radar, even here on watmm there are very few replies. And I always like that.

Agreed, not so much talk of him here but he's getting some higher profile attention, like Pitchfork, he's been on plenty of top lists from last year (Amoeba Music and some others) w/ the fucking amazing ...The Men Parted The Sea To Devour The Water on Latitudes. I guess his mom was the northern DJ that suggested her friends, Soft Cell do a cover of Tainted Love. He himself also makes for a good story, working on music production w/ troubled youth. I hope he'll be around for a long time.

Agreed, not so much talk of him here but he's getting some higher profile attention, like Pitchfork, he's been on plenty of top lists from last year (Amoeba Music and some others) w/ the fucking amazing ...The Men Parted The Sea To Devour The Water on Latitudes. I guess his mom was the northern DJ that suggested her friends, Soft Cell do a cover of Tainted Love. He himself also makes for a good story, working on music production w/ troubled youth. I hope he'll be around for a long time.

I think that's the best thing he's done and I was really hoping he would continue in that vein rather than reverting to the darker, more ambient style of his first album.

Anyone heard his Church of Synth remix?

Edited by BUNKUM

Boomkat love records like this as they give them the opportunity to write paragraphs of total bollocks. Not that this record is bollocks (far from it) but you get my drift. An album like this has so much potential for Mister Boomkat to chat utter shite. In this day and age everyone can just log on and listen to the damn thing, so why do I need somebody droning on about The WickerMan, moors cloaked in fog and satanic rituals shrouded in candlelight and waxing moons?

I've always thought about starting a 'Write your own fictional Boomkat review' in The Music Discussion subforum. One day when drunk enough (and I remember) I'll do it.

Boomkat love records like this as they give them the opportunity to write paragraphs of total bollocks. Not that this record is bollocks (far from it) but you get my drift. An album like this has so much potential for Mister Boomkat to chat utter shite. In this day and age everyone can just log on and listen to the damn thing, so why do I need somebody droning on about The WickerMan, moors cloaked in fog and satanic rituals shrouded in candlelight and waxing moons?

I've always thought about starting a 'Write your own fictional Boomkat review' in The Music Discussion subforum. One day when drunk enough (and I remember) I'll do it.

there is no denying that they do write paragraphs of total bollocks on records that are bollocks.

they after all are trying to sell records.

i agree, there should be a debunk website for boomkat reviews,

the haxan cloak album is far from total bollocks indeed.

Edited by zupiclone

It was instant love at first note for me with this new album. The sounds are even more refined and brooding than last time, and it's just so dark it almost is hard to find the right mood for it. I want to listen to it more, but right now it's a sunday afternoon with the smell of spring in the air.. it'll be dark in a few hours though.