IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

25746739824_462174a060_b.jpg

Fantastic work, oscillik. Give the guy a credit for being a great model.

Thanks Jev, this guy definitely finishes the picture. But the real star is the concrete :wub:

Any chance you have an unprocessed backup of this photo? I would really love to see it in original colors (even if it is against your artistic vision).

Nope, sorry! I only have the RAW file, and to get an image out of that, it must be processed.

Guest WNS000

Sorry, I am not an expert on photography. Does the RAW file contain color data? Or was the shot taken as black and white from the beginning? I mean, can you get a true-to-life color picture out of that file?

Edited by Jev

Sorry, I am not an expert on photography. Does the RAW file contain color data? Or was the shot taken as black and white from the beginning? I mean, can you get a true-to-life color picture out of that file?

This wikipedia article is quite good at explaining RAW files, and this article is good at explaining the particular way in which these files are reconstructed - basically, I can use the RAW file to get you a colour image however in order to do that, the file would have to be processed.

But since you wanna see it in colour, here it is, processed in colour for you, how Adobe Lightroom interprets the colour data

rKsXGff.jpg

Edited by oscillik

Guest WNS000

This wikipedia article is quite good at explaining RAW files, and this article is good at explaining the particular way in which these files are reconstructed - basically, I can use the RAW file to get you a colour image however in order to do that, the file would have to be processed.

But since you wanna see it in colour, here it is, processed in colour for you, how Adobe Lightroom interprets the colour data

rKsXGff.jpg

Oh, lovely! It looks even better to me! Beautiful work, man. Thanks!

Went to westhead's Emotion Wave night again in Liverpool last night. This was my first time shooting for a low-light music event. I think I got some alright results.

25852952564_e512787c76_b.jpg
by oscillik, on Flickr

26457829685_9e6e2f3985_b.jpg
by oscillik, on Flickr

26184987340_f7f49e2724_b.jpg
by oscillik, on Flickr

25855018363_bcacc13cc0_b.jpg
by oscillik, on Flickr

25852984494_d12caff8b6_b.jpg
by oscillik, on Flickr

25852971944_9c00264084_b.jpg
by oscillik, on Flickr

25855033813_f158db3b3c_b.jpg
by oscillik, on Flickr

26365557502_6fe5e32aae_b.jpg
by oscillik, on Flickr

26391736521_71de603059_b.jpg
by oscillik, on Flickr

Soooo someone just requested my services as a photographer, and they're going to pay me for it too.

I guess I can now call myself a professional photographer :yeah:

I've been thinking of doing some photo work for a while now. How'd you land the gig?

A friend of a friend is getting married, and they just out-of-the-blue asked me last night to shoot it for them.

It's gonna be a challenge for me though, as I haven't really taken many pictures of people. I must practice being obnoxiously cheery.

(Please post some of your pics when you have some time and some stuff to post, btw!)

I've been thinking of doing some photo work for a while now. How'd you land the gig?

A friend of a friend is getting married, and they just out-of-the-blue asked me last night to shoot it for them.

It's gonna be a challenge for me though, as I haven't really taken many pictures of people. I must practice being obnoxiously cheery.

(Please post some of your pics when you have some time and some stuff to post, btw!)

I've been trying to get more portrait shots of people, but there's something kinda creepy about it, lol. I guess it all depends on context.

Long exposures while dancers are warming up

tumblr_o682vy04oS1uamev9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o682uq6L9Q1uamev9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o682tcb4Bb1uamev9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o682ruyXJ51uamev9o1_1280.jpg

Guest WNS000

Soooo someone just requested my services as a photographer, and they're going to pay me for it too.

Congrats!

Love it! Excellent work!

I've been trying to get more portrait shots of people, but there's something kinda creepy about it, lol. I guess it all depends on context.

Long exposures while dancers are warming up

tumblr_o682vy04oS1uamev9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o682uq6L9Q1uamev9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o682tcb4Bb1uamev9o1_1280.jpg

Yeah, I'm not exactly comfortable with sticking a camera in someone's face.

These long exposures are awesome. I managed to get a cool looking one when I went to Sheffield last month, but it was totally unintentional. The ones you've posted are very nice indeed. Are you using an ND filter, or just a smaller aperture value? I want to get some ND filters so I can do long exposure stuff at aperture values lower than F4.

Congrats!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Yeah, I'm not exactly comfortable with sticking a camera in someone's face.

These long exposures are awesome. I managed to get a cool looking one when I went to Sheffield last month, but it was totally unintentional. The ones you've posted are very nice indeed. Are you using an ND filter, or just a smaller aperture value? I want to get some ND filters so I can do long exposure stuff at aperture values lower than F4.

No ND filters, the space was already really dark. I shot these at 1s, f9

Awes pictures spi you have a good eye for funny stuff. I hope you cleaned that ball gag before you used it, or does the dirt make it better?

REally cool long exposers danny :beer::yeah::psyduck:

Just got a Fuji XT-10 with the 16-20 and 27mm pan cake lens. Nice piece of kit, kind of a bit disappointed with the Pan Cake lens right now. I'll post some stuff up when I get around to taking more pics

Edited by digman