IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I can't find affordable, well-designed dining chairs for the new monster 12 person table my buddy built for my sunroom.

what style are you after? something contemporary or traditional?

:cisfor: < interior designer hand gesture.

our house was bulit in 1956 and the previous owners had a very mid-century modern aesthetic going on. My wife and i have similar taste so we have kept (mostly) true to that era without going over the top. we have an eames lounger and a very 60s looking couch. actually most of the furniture and colors are very 50s-60s.

this table was built from cedar planks recycled from a friends basement. the room that it is in has white wood walls and a charcoal painted cement floor. there are windows on 3 walls and exposed brick on the bottom. i want the table to be the star of the show. these chairs are what i really want but the price is a joke, but i like the style

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/furniture/dining-chairs/scoop-side-chair/s154299

here are some pics of the table

2d1afi8.jpg

2ldgm0.jpg

I think I got mocked in the funny quotes thread, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. I even re-read the rules.

this table screams "I AM THE TABLE", pretty badass. those chairs will look like total weaklings. can't the same buddy do the chairs too ?

no he can't do the chairs unfortunately. i was thinking initially that i didn't want wood chairs with it, and now i am totally lost because everything seems so insanely expensive.

i'm working on a math test and i can't tell if this prime notation is just dirt that got onto the copier or if it's really there.

@disparaissant, fuck you for getting 102 on your fronch exammè !

Guest disparaissant

i literally cannot believe it i skipped almost a whole section and did the whole thing in 20 minutes.

im not looking forward to having to take math, i have literally not even thought about math for 10 years, a friend of mine asked me if i knew anything about her homework which had to do with imaginary zeroes and i was like wut. real zeroes are bad enough man i don't need imaginary zeroes.

this table screams "I AM THE TABLE", pretty badass. those chairs will look like total weaklings. can't the same buddy do the chairs too ?

no he can't do the chairs unfortunately. i was thinking initially that i didn't want wood chairs with it, and now i am totally lost because everything seems so insanely expensive.

Most tables that I've seen that looked similar to that had benches on either side instead of chairs. Might be something to consider.

Most tables that I've seen that looked similar to that had benches on either side instead of chairs. Might be something to consider.

very true but my dining table in my dinig room has benches, i want this one to be much more comfortable for long meals like holidays . i am considering these...

img27o.jpg

I don't know what style your home is, but if it's a 70's spacecraft these ones from ikea are ok.

tobias-chair__74048_PE190789_S4.jpg

very true but my dining table in my dinig room has benches, i want this one to be much more comfortable for long meals like holidays . i am considering these...

img27o.jpg

got reclamation yards near you? some retro bent-ply school chairs kind of like...

A+(Medium).JPG

or even...

four_cafe_chairs_934_4_3_large.jpg

img27o.jpg

got reclamation yards near you? some retro bent-ply school chairs kind of like...

A+(Medium).JPG

or even...

it is funny you say that, i just got a catalog of school furniture and they have similar bent plywood chairs like the top one above. think that style fits? what if they are molded plastic seats, does that still work? like this?

category13.jpg

i feel like those are too wimpy and would still go with the bent white ones i posted. do those go?

img27o.jpg

A+(Medium).JPG

or even...

it is funny you say that, i just got a catalog of school furniture and they have similar bent plywood chairs like the top one above. think that style fits? what if they are molded plastic seats, does that still work? like this?

category13.jpg

i feel like those are too wimpy and would still go with the bent white ones i posted. do those go?

it's all a matter of taste jules but for what it's worth imo...

when i saw the ply-like construction of your table i thought natural finish, retro, bent-ply, school chairs would go well... proper reclaimed rather than repro/new if possible. these school chairs were built like tanks and will feel sturdier and better quality than cheap, new, retro-style, plastic seats. and you can buy lots of 12 in salvage yards here pretty cheap. dunno if these places exist where you are?

i'm a sucker for 50's/60's furniture... just got this danish teak arm-chair re-upholstered in a nice orange wool...

:cisfor: (interior designer hand gesture)

post-2075-0-71271700-1319560669_thumb.jpg

killer chair keltoi.

i would love retro school chairs but they may be hard to find here. i am not on board with the plastic-y school ones. i was trying to fool myself.

i appreciate your input.

sorry for semi-hijacking this thread. maybe i will start a chair thread...