IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Fucking high school.

I'm assuming that most of you are unaware of the current atmosphere and "culture" present in hs halls these days.

Let me tell you, shit is absolutely horrifying.

EVERYTHING is fueled by some form of media. I mean everything. Our morning announcements are fucking sponsored by dominoes pizza.

There is so little effort amongst students, they are just so void of life. Almost every conversation fits the format of "did you hear about (insert pointless/immature/offensive/misogynistic/homophobic thing here) that (insert name here) did/said? what a (insert overused adjective here) kid."

Luckily, I have some great teachers. I manage to have a decent schedule as well, except for 7th period interchangeably when I have P.E.

I feel physically and mentally unsafe and weak in that class. Those kids are just so ridiculously violent and rude that I am motivated to skip just to maintain a healthy mental state. When you see an entire class working together to make an amazing teacher's life harder, you can't help but just feel hopeless and depressed. There is literally NO POINT to it. WHY do these kids have to try their absolute hardest to be offensive? Hell, they even mess with our teacher's hair when she turns her back for a few seconds. It's sickening.

They seem to think that what they are doing is righteous and rebellious, but they have no reason to rebel against anything, they just force everyone around them to live a harder life.

Now more than ever I feel motivated to drop out, even though it's mainly just that one period that is killing me.

lol dominos pizza, you gotta be kidding

i know how you feel, school was an absolute hellfuck, the teachers were the worst thing for me

you should just bite your teeth and finnish class or you will end up in a factory with le creme de la creme of assholes for the rest of your life (like me :cry: )

Edited by Ivan Ooze

"have a dominos kind of day ihs"

fucking kills me

i'm checking in with the associate's office to see if i can switch p.e. classes, but i've heard they're notorious for not giving a fuck so we'll see.

hopefully some alternative will come up.

first mistake was buying a pot noodle but i can't believe i bought beef and tomato flavour, should have remembered it's the worst one

Only 3 hours of sleep and my throat is killing me, oh and i have a rat problem (i'll post the video of the motherfucker who kept me up all night later)

the rat video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5r4uhp9remnbtz/VIDEO0005_02.mp4

I just ran 5 miles and im just pissed off at everything for some reason.

this happens to me as well, i get really depressed sometimes after a workout, my mind get clear and i think about life, etc etc

holy! he's a pretty big fucker.

are you going to poison him?

Unfortunately. Look, in a perfect world the rat would understand that its not welcome and just fucks off but they carry diseases and stuff, the last thing i need right now is to be infected with a plague.

I'm a friend of the animals but you now, rip rat

Edited by Deer

Fucking high school.

I'm assuming that most of you are unaware of the current atmosphere and "culture" present in hs halls these days.

EVERYTHING is fueled by some form of media. I mean everything. Our morning announcements are fucking sponsored by dominoes pizza.

There is so little effort amongst students, they are just so void of life. Almost every conversation fits the format of "did you hear about (insert pointless/immature/offensive/misogynistic/homophobic thing here) that (insert name here) did/said? what a (insert overused adjective here) kid."

Luckily, I have some great teachers. I manage to have a decent schedule as well, except for 7th period interchangeably when I have P.E.

I feel physically and mentally unsafe and weak in that class. Those kids are just so ridiculously violent and rude that I am motivated to skip just to maintain a healthy mental state. When you see an entire class working together to make an amazing teacher's life harder, you can't help but just feel hopeless and depressed. There is literally NO POINT to it. WHY do these kids have to try their absolute hardest to be offensive? Hell, they even mess with our teacher's hair when she turns her back for a few seconds. It's sickening.

They seem to think that what they are doing is righteous and rebellious, but they have no reason to rebel against anything, they just force everyone around them to live a harder life.

Now more than ever I feel motivated to drop out, even though it's mainly just that one period that is killing me.

Sounds rough man. There were occasional fights that broke out at my high school back in the day, and I think half of them were guys fighting over some girl. But it was tame compared to what you seem to be dealing with. I hope those kids in your PE class get their asses kicked.

thank you. hopefully i can work out something with the board.. but if not, i'll probably end up switching schools.

hopefully a first world achievements and successes post is in my near future.

Fucking high school.

Sounds rough man. There were occasional fights that broke out at my high school back in the day, and I think half of them were guys fighting over some girl. But it was tame compared to what you seem to be dealing with. I hope those kids in your PE class get their asses kicked.

the media thing sounds like it's getting worse but other than that it just sounds like school has always been (for the last x decades). I honestly think being a teacher is one of the bravest professions ever, both in terms of dealing with cunt students and also in terms of resisting becoming jaded and careless.

maybe you should consider changing schools before dropping out, yshf.

Thing is though, before changing schools you might wanna do a little scouting first and see if the alternative school environment is right for you.

My current FWP is that I can't go back in time and fix all the social mistakes I've made. Other types of mistakes I don't really care about, but social ones are the most embarrassing and the greatest risk to one's reputation.

(Edit: Damn, new page. Oh well.)

Edited by ambermonk

Fucking high school.

Where is Tom Berenger when you need him?

TheSubstitute_zpsde6025a3.gif

I graduated from an alternative school. The Academy of Creative Education, or ACE. I finished early too. 7 years later and I am working on my MFA. It can be a good thing for people who are too mature for high school.

Edited by sheatheman

I need to connect my MacBook to my VGA projector but I haven't got the right adapter. I had a thunderbolt to hdmi to DVI but that won't connect to the DVI/VGA converter as its the wrong type of DVI socket.

The Substitute. i remember watching it on tv when i was 13 or something. other than that scene i think i remember it being pretty shit

Edited by vincentvc

The Substitute. i remember watching it on tv when i was 13 or something. other than that scene i think i remember it being pretty shit

While your 13yo self may have thought so, my 25yo self loves it. You cannot go wrong with that movie and a couple of friends. It's so hilarious.

Edit: There is a fwp, not having limitless time/friends willing to watch the substitute with me.

Edited by sheatheman

Guest disparaissant

i just now found out that dylan moran, who i would love to see, is playing in milwaukee tomorrow night. i have to work and can't afford it anyway. poop.

Was planning to buy tickets to see NIN next year for myself and some friends, but the pre-sale was limited to two per transaction.. and said friends don't have means to purchase tickets online (??). I did not want to miss out on GA tickets (seated tickets for NIN?! get outta here) so I bought two. They're gonna wait until general sale and will most likely have to buy seated tickets, so only one of them will be able to come with me (if at all) which will likely make them pissed off, all because they don't have visa debit cards (super easy to acquire), which would have allowed them to avoid this whole ordeal to begin with. gah!

My father feeds my little sister absolute fucking garbage and then yells at her when she spazzes out. Of course she's spazzing out, you just fed her 60 grams of sugar you fucking idiot.

I'm not a violent person at all but if she's overweight or has ADHD or whatever when she's a bit older I will just punch him in the face, plain and simple.

Ignorance is fine unless it encroaches on the well-being of another person, especially someone under your care. Then it's not fine.

/self-righteous rant