IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I'm having a hard time figuring out which one of these autechre soundboards is best suited to melt my face after some psilocybin

watmm help

All of them. You have 8 hours

Lol that would be too much I think

Better yet: all of them at once.

FWP: no idea what I'm doing on this eve of the hallow.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I've been going through the Smashing Pumpkins discography, out of order, for the last too-many-days. First couple days were fine, because I started with MatIS, but I think everything else may be contributing to my dour mood. Especially those Machina albums. Fuck. I wish I weren't so prone to commitment.

My dick is short.

fuck that fwp.

My new one is:

My laptop fan suddenly started to work like if I was playing a game (normally Splinter Cell) with just using Chrome and even being idle. It started today. Normally it is quite, tho now it isn't "loud", but it sounds a bit more than usual. Fuck. Any tips? I do't put to much pressure on her (my laptop, Laura); as I said, the only fucking is when I play a game.

Guest cult fiction

dust. unscrew the back and clean it out.

yep, I think that might be.

Try it on your dick too while you're at it

we keep getting these letters at work which spout anti-women vitriol like "women are cunts and deserve to get punched in the tits and die from ebola".

and it makes me so sad to get this, i mean you'd think in this day and age a grown adult would at least be able to get access to the internet for this.

i mean seriously, who writes a letter? can they not get a local library membership? have they not even got a smart phone? i mean ffs!

we keep getting these letters at work which spout anti-women vitriol like "women are cunts and deserve to get punched in the tits and die from ebola".

and it makes me so sad to get this, i mean you'd think in this day and age a grown adult would at least be able to get access to the internet for this.

i mean seriously, who writes a letter? can they not get a local library membership? have they not even got a smart phone? i mean ffs!

Low-tech trolls are to be taken even less seriously than contemporary internet ones. At least those letters could be saved for the fireplace, especially with colder weather now.

Low-tech trolls are to be taken even less seriously than contemporary internet ones. At least those letters could be saved for the fireplace, especially with colder weather now.

no, take pics of the letters and post them

for posterity's sake

today i find out if some government cunt has officially declared me a spazz

you get exclusive parking & slightly cheaper rail prices....... how fuckin generous, kinda like giving you the finger twice, fisted even

if i was into that you'd see the meaning change

sorry, can i say cunts again, cathartic swearing

I think everything else may be contributing to my dour mood. Especially those Machina albums.

Can confirm. All I listened to was Machina/Machines of the Gods in the first half of 2000 and it was among the lowest points in my life. I pretty much never listen to it anymore despite it being a really good album.

Heheh I summed it up to my friend as a "heinously bad album" shortly after listening... I was excited to hear it again though, thinking I may have judged it too harshly as a young music snob. To me most of it sounds like unfinished song demos. It's like Flood mixed Everlasting Gaze then gave up and let Billy do his worst. Machina II had some potential. I'd be curious to hear a version that's actually been mastered. Could Corgan not afford to hire a mastering engineer without label support? Some perfectionist!

MCatIS on the other hand... that album is almost a masterpiece. It sort of dies halfway through the second half, but the rest is damn near brilliant. Really enjoyed listening to that one again.

FWP: finally starting to demarcate the divide between adulthood and that period of irresponsible extended adolescence, mostly spurred by uncomfortable revelations regarding money, solvency, socioeconomic realities, etc...

Finding myself feeling disturbingly nostalgic for cultural ephemera from my teenage years, a time when I, quite literally, had zero concept of the concerns I am now saddled with. Makes me wonder what sort of scope my concerns will encompass a decade down the line and how I'll feel about decisions I've made/am about to make.

I've never listened to any SP album after MCatIS.

Continue to talk about them pls.

What's Adore like?

Adore was actually the album that got me (sort of) into SP, I think largely because I sought music that bridged the gap between rock/pop music and electronica/industrial the way Downward Spiral did... and coming up empty handed for the most part. It's the album where they were without drummer Jimmy Chamberlain, and rather than find a replacement drummer they opted to go the electronic route, with mixed results. There are a few songs with session drummers as well. Anyway, I do think the songwriting suffered somehow, and they lost a lot of the dynamics they had in previously albums, understandably. It's not terrible, but certainly doesn't come together as cohesively as Mellon Collie or SD. It lost some of the magic, but was an otherwise decent effort considering they had just lost such an integral part of the band. The Machina stuff and Zeitgeist "reunion" is pretty embarrassing imo. Oceania era was much better than I expected, but... if it didn't have the historical ties to the SP legacy, it's unlikely it would be of interest to me. Fantastic new drummer though --I think he may have inspired some musical life back into the Corgan.

FWP: finally starting to demarcate the divide between adulthood and that period of irresponsible extended adolescence, mostly spurred by uncomfortable revelations regarding money, solvency, socioeconomic realities, etc...

Finding myself feeling disturbingly nostalgic for cultural ephemera from my teenage years, a time when I, quite literally, had zero concept of the concerns I am now saddled with. Makes me wonder what sort of scope my concerns will encompass a decade down the line and how I'll feel about decisions I've made/am about to make.

omg I am going through this exactly. Hence the SP discog listening, which is now being followed up with selections from the NIN catalogue. It's sad times.... although hearing the downward spiral era remixes again is pretty exciting. Bittersweet though, as it really hits home what little I've accomplished with my life.

omg I am going through this exactly. Hence the SP discog listening, which is now being followed up with selections from the NIN catalogue. It's sad times.... although hearing the downward spiral era remixes again is pretty exciting. Bittersweet though, as it really hits home what little I've accomplished with my life.

We have some catching up to do ;)

I'll be in Vic from the 16th to the 30th of Dec. Just bought my tickets :D