IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

so this happened 5 minutes from where i live. good thing i sleep in to 11am or i might have been there when this unfolded, i needed to get some groceries today

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-19/man-refused-bail-over-sub-machine-gun-in-bag-in-marrickville/6953370

A man who was allegedly caught carrying a sub-machine gun in a bag in Sydney's inner west has been refused bail.

Marc Avidov, aged 41, did not apply for bail when he appeared at Newtown Local Court.

Police and officers from the firearms squad discovered a Thompson fully-automatic sub-machine gun, clips and ammunition when they carried out a search on Murray street at Marrickville on Wednesday.

Avidov will remain in custody to face court next week.

Police said they did not believe he had any links to terrorism."

they don't say this in the article but he was caught outside the shopping centre (mall) i go to.

We're always narrowly avoiding things like this. Several months ago, a body with its head and torso missing was found right next to the building I work in. The head and arms were found in the lobby of an apartment building across the street and the murderer was easily caught in his apartment upstairs. There was a memorial left on the tree the body was left beside that was only taken down very recently. A few months later, a car stopped right next to the train stop I leave from because the passenger had died of gunshot wounds.

It's pretty exciting stuff.

Been without power for 3 days. It's nice to have friends who invite us over for dinner and to charge our electronics but I'm about to have an introvert attack. All of the daylight is consumed by the work day. I miss my Octatrack.

Shitty buzz! What happened to your power?

I got higher than usual and somehow my paranoia was fueled into doing research on the Cascadian Subduction Zone and how it might fuck up the Pacific Northwest which bums me out because I liked it a lot when I visited.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one

I just made it to #7 of a newspaper article called "10 tips to get Kate Hudson's Sexy Looks" before asking myself wtf am I reading this for?

I need my morning coffee.

Edited by StephenG

West end, just off Westminster near the park. It's been the same apartment full of kids getting shot at by a rival gang every so often for years, cops don't give a shit. At least this time it made it into the police blotter, the last two they didn't even publicly admit happened.

It's a first world problem because it doesn't happen every day and it would be a hardship but I could move if things get really bad. But yeah, this year has been a rough one for the city in general.

I'm kind of making light of it I know but it really is a shitty situation, it's not like it's any kind of secret who's involved. At least the neighbors don't shoot back, and nobody's been hit since I moved in a couple years ago (I guess one of them was wounded in maybe 2013).

Edited by RSP

West end, just off Westminster near the park. It's been the same apartment full of kids getting shot at by a rival gang every so often for years, cops don't give a shit. At least this time it made it into the police blotter, the last two they didn't even publicly admit happened.

Man that neighborhood's still rough around the edges, developer scum thought they'd try 'n gentrify that shit in the mid-00s and lookie how that worked out. And Providence cops oh my lols. Man, watching Providence go to shit is my own personal Detroit except with no decent electronic music scene to speak of.

I know, what's the deal. I feel like everyone has synthesizers these days but the only small shows I've been to recently (which is not many anymore) that excited me were all bands from the midwest.

If I could afford a car I'd seriously think about moving to Pawtucket or something but it's already a big enough pain t get to work as it is (doesn't help that one job is on the East Side and the other's in Cranston).

Still beats working 60 hours a week just to cover rent on one room in an apartment in a wore neighborhood in Boston, which is what it was like when I went back there for a while after being away long enough to fall out of the word-of-mouth cheap apartment loop.

Incidentally, if you're in the city and want to grab a beer or something and complain about the local music scene let me know! I'll complain about anything any time anywhere.

so this happened 5 minutes from where i live. good thing i sleep in to 11am or i might have been there when this unfolded, i needed to get some groceries today

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-19/man-refused-bail-over-sub-machine-gun-in-bag-in-marrickville/6953370

A man who was allegedly caught carrying a sub-machine gun in a bag in Sydney's inner west has been refused bail.

Marc Avidov, aged 41, did not apply for bail when he appeared at Newtown Local Court.

Police and officers from the firearms squad discovered a Thompson fully-automatic sub-machine gun, clips and ammunition when they carried out a search on Murray street at Marrickville on Wednesday.

Avidov will remain in custody to face court next week.

Police said they did not believe he had any links to terrorism."

they don't say this in the article but he was caught outside the shopping centre (mall) i go to.

We're always narrowly avoiding things like this. Several months ago, a body with its head and torso missing was found right next to the building I work in. The head and arms were found in the lobby of an apartment building across the street and the murderer was easily caught in his apartment upstairs. There was a memorial left on the tree the body was left beside that was only taken down very recently. A few months later, a car stopped right next to the train stop I leave from because the passenger had died of gunshot wounds.

It's pretty exciting stuff.

yeah it's a very FWP for sydney cus it's usually very safe in this respect, and gun crime is most often carried out by way of tit-for-tat drive-by shootings between bikie gangs that rarely results in civilian casualties.

where do you live btw candiru?

I'm in a part of Boston that isn't known for crime at all, but it's like these two incidents happened in contained area and then aired out in public for as many people as possible to see. So it never seems completely real.