IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

When you mouse over the new cat emotikons, it should tell you what the txt is that labels them. I don't wanna have to look it up, waaaaaahhhhh fwp.

the one i was wondering about means cat nope. Hey be cool if the cats tried to grab the mouse cursor when you moused over them. Get on it microsoft.

Can't find a closed facebook group I got kicked out of a few years ago, a group specifically catered to crate digging, people posting 'rare' vinyl rips / youtube links. Apparently it was not done to ask about the origins of a sample in a hip hop record I was curious about. You're supposed to contribute, not ask.

Can't find a closed facebook group I got kicked out of a few years ago, a group specifically catered to crate digging, people posting 'rare' vinyl rips / youtube links. Apparently it was not done to ask about the origins of a sample in a hip hop record I was curious about. You're supposed to contribute, not ask.

their loss.

imagination sadly lacks in the minds of the people of the internet sometimes. they could have given the benefit of the doubt.

I have a job interview on wednesday and they have asked that i do a presentation about myself as a graphic designer

apart from a fear of public speaking, being the focus of attention and not having a clue how to go about this. no pressure then

arghhh!

seems the laziest way to conduct an interview from them. like i have to put in all the work while they twiddle pens and eat biscuits

anyone else had to do this kind of interview?

maybe i'll do it using the mode of modern dance to express myself or use text to speech with lasers smoke and strobes

gonne be the longest hour of my life

Yay success! despite a 4am wakeup call from BIOXLAT Jnr. a moody girlfriend, it pissing down with rain and delayed trains. the talk went better than i expected and they offered me the job drinks on me!

Maybe this is a really stupid question because I consider myself pretty computer savvy but....

My operating system is on a SSD.

Any idea why my free space fluctuates pretty wildly? I definitely have no viruses or malware etc, and the changes aren't from downloads or installs (I only have the operating system on the ssd, and I don't download to desktop or anything) . And the fluctuation takes a few days. For example, I had 13gb left 7 days ago. Then suddenly I had 18gb sunday, now it's creeping down by about 0.75gb a day, I'm down to 14.5 at the moment.

wtf?

:catsalute: you might not want to disable it if you have other HDDs, unless there's a way to disable it just for that SSD. at least you know where the source of your magic PC dementia is now

also something like ccleaner might even temporarily fix it? not sure how superfetch works entirely but could be worth a shot

Edited by isaki

ergh...new fwp.

one of my closest friends was murdered a while ago... completely targeted, completely pre-mediated....

and the murderer was just sentenced to 10yrs.... And knowing Canada's legal system the asshole will get out in 3-5 years on "good behaviour"... Know what's good behaviour??? NOT MURDERING PEOPLE.

Even the police say the attack was "targeted" aka pre-meditated, which should therefore be 25 years not 10 (somehow the guy got a "manslaughter" charge which is reserved for incidental death, not planned murders?) so I'm kind of pissed off....

ergh...new fwp.

one of my closest friends was murdered a while ago... completely targeted, completely pre-mediated....

and the murderer was just sentenced to 10yrs.... And knowing Canada's legal system the asshole will get out in 3-5 years on "good behaviour"... Know what's good behaviour??? NOT MURDERING PEOPLE.

Even the police say the attack was "targeted" aka pre-meditated, which should therefore be 25 years not 10 (somehow the guy got a "manslaughter" charge which is reserved for incidental death, not planned murders?) so I'm kind of pissed off....

This is so horrible, i can't even put it into words. Just stay as far away as possible from this person

got an Amiga 2000 from a friend with ridiculous amount of peripherals, tried loading some of my old disks and none of them work :( , though I managed to infect the HD with a virus lol. How in the fuck do you update an Amiga virus-scanner from the 90's with the 'newest' definition file?

ergh...new fwp.

Oh fudge, I wouldn't call that a first world problem. That's proper awful...

ergh...new fwp.

This is so horrible, i can't even put it into words. Just stay as far away as possible from this person

Definitely going to.... I just don't understand how our justice system is so lenient and undervalues life by so much... =(

he probably took a "plea deal", basically "I'll admit I'm guilty for a reduced sentence" which doesn't make sense to me, how can admitting guilt for something like that get you less of a charge? (happens often though...)

Edited by StephenG

ergh...new fwp.

Oh fudge, I wouldn't call that a first world problem. That's proper awful...

It is....

Edited by StephenG

This is just being reported now:

"He said he and defence counsel Hersh Wolch reached a plea bargain on a manslaughter charge because of difficulties proving the identity of the killer."

which is bs because they have his face on surveillance cameras, and you can see that it's him when he's stabbing my friend (surveillance was released to the public so that we could identify the killer)

the problem with cctv is that it usually needs witness corroboration due to the quality being too grainy to be actual undeniable evidence. i am one of the only 5 people in 2009 to get convicted selling weed purely on cctv camera evidence cos it was a brand new ultra high quality camera. even if its obviously him, you need a certain resolution to convict.