IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

pancakes make everything better

except pancake allergies maybe

Or diabeetus, depending on the amount of sugary maple syrup or blueberry/strawberry jam added to it and how much is consumed. Damn, it's sounding better the more I talk about it tho.

Latest FWP is the moment I walked into the bank today, two young female tellers at separate counters say to me "I can help you over here!"

I had to pick one, but felt bad about ditching the other one. Cos I knew they both wanted to help me. Oh well, nothing personal right.

My whole building is being evicted and I've had to look for a new place. Last night I was offered a room a little farther out than I'd like, but it's cheap, and it's month to month. My other alternative is splitting a room with my friend in his 1 bedroom apt. while his ex-girlfriend's friend crashes on the couch.

I guess I'll take the room...

I tried to not drink!

But I drank.

Just a minor pitfall I hope. I'll be good the rest of the week. Only a minor setback.

=(

Nah I'm a failure I should just off myself one of these days.

:catsob:

Spent all of the past few days putting shipments away in the back room at my new job, the shelves are pretty tall so there was a lot of going up and down ladders. My calf muscles fucking hurt.

Edited by ghOsty

my dog died of old age back at home. i also am worried about my psyche, i feel like i should be more upset than i am. ive been living away for nearly 6 years though and so only saw him twice a year since then.

I tried to not drink!

But I drank.

Just a minor pitfall I hope. I'll be good the rest of the week. Only a minor setback.

=(

Nope, you shouldn't. Instead, just admonish yourself politely and keep going forward, to keep up the good run you were doing before.

Don't give up! :catsalute:

I tried to not drink!

But I drank.

=(

Nope, you shouldn't. Instead, just admonish yourself politely and keep going forward, to keep up the good run you were doing before.

Don't give up! :catsalute:

Yeah you're right.

I'll be a good boy tonight. 3 week good run is decent anyways.

=)

Just a minor pitfall. I'll be good the rest of the week. Only a minor setback.

This. Keep it up my man. It's worth it.

I think I'll be alright tonight. Will do my best. =) Thanks!

I did the same, stephenG. Friends birthday.. and fabric 15th birthday this weekend I don't think I won't have a drink...

But I'm reducing my intake big time. Which is good. The cold turkey approach was horrid

Agreed... I think the trick is to limit, not go completely cold turkey.

I had a bit too much last night (maybe 14oz of rum?) but I'll do my best to have nothing tonight or maybe just a beer with dinner.

All addiction aside, I like alcoholic drinks because I like the taste... I really like all diff craft beers and nice wines, lots of liquors... I'll keep it in check tonight. ;)

All addiction aside, I like alcoholic drinks because I like the taste... I really like all diff craft beers and nice wines, lots of liquors... I'll keep it in check tonight. ;)

im the same, also got caught up in the hair of the dog ways. (i own a bar, which is now a leased bar. im outta there, who cares if the money is tighter)

All things in moderation! I love cake but don't eat the whole thing, as much as I would like to/could easily do so/imagine doing so.

cake doesnt create as strong an instinct to eat more as alcohol though - drink causes formaldehyde chains to form in the brain, which cause headaches, and you know the best thing to break down the chains? yep. more alcohol

although, who am i to say that - maybe some people with sugar addictions get it bad from cake.

All things in moderation! I love cake but don't eat the whole thing, as much as I would like to/could easily do so/imagine doing so.

cake doesnt create as strong an instinct to eat more as alcohol though - drink causes formaldehyde chains to form in the brain, which cause headaches, and you know the best thing to break down the chains? yep. more alcohol

although, who am i to say that - maybe some people with sugar addictions get it bad from cake.

True enough, certainly didn't mean to draw genuine parallels between my casual fondness for cake and what you and Stephen are going through. Ignore my insensitive remarks, I type before I think sometimes.

Edited by Bechuga

they found in monkeys that not all individuals are equal before alcohol, a proportion become overly fond of it and drink to excess. A larger proportion can take or leave it but when they gave it aren't on a rabid binge, and finally the third group don't care for alcohol.

Idvsay ppl like me and Stephen are in the first group, although in my case whilst I don't have it everyday, or even week, when I am confronted by it I can't help but binge until I'm sober if you will. It's fucking stupid, but there you are, we're unconsciously acting within the boundaries of our particular braintype's biochemistry. laem

This is why the idea, which I don't dismiss mind you, that we can just train ourselves to drink in moderation is not dubious, but certainly needs to be thought through, heh.

Ive chosen to stay away from it as a component of daily life. Its a disaster forlong term health even at low but regular doses so I feel I've chosen wisely.

We need better drugs.

True enough, certainly didn't mean to draw genuine parallels between my casual fondness for cake and what you and Stephen are going through. Ignore my insensitive remarks, I type before I think sometimes.

ha. no problems man, you didnt seem insensitive.

@delet... better drugs, yes. yes we do.

fucking dammit im lactose intolerant. doc says no more icecreams but fuck him. ill eat them, worth the stomach cramps

i've been lactose intolerant my whole life. it used to make me throw up, now it just makes me incredibly gassy. :whistling:

i don't eat ice cream, not a big deserts man, probably eat too much of the meal to have any room for desert or i dunno, something bleak which points out my size like that.

Some may remember that i have a thick shake like once or twice a year though, they're super super sweet. ;-]] fuck eating icecream when you can suck it slowly through a wide straw.