IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I still occasionally get the urge to post something I like or feel passionate about on Facebook, but have to fight that urge on account of my Facebook friends either not giving a fuck or it being too awkward for them to respond in any way. I wonder how much in common I really have with most of them.
Facebook. Staying connected isn't necessarily the same as staying in touch.

I feel like I have more in common with fellow WATMMers than most Facebook friends, no matter how disagreeable I seem.

yep, facebook is too public for true open replies, i think that might be true for some of your friends. Long live G+ or it's inevitable open source distributed alternative, which could be a forked mail client or something.

OR

It's a good thing we have messageboards, omG, seriously.

ive already said it but i like my facebook. my feed is full of interesting shit all the time, discussions from producers, local gear shop owners and enthusiasts, alot of the random people ive only met once while drunk and general nutters. I think if you've added shitey people, your gonna have a shitey facebook.

My 5 star review rating (consisting of one single 5 star review) on Amazon has now gone, due to someone giving my book 1 out of 5 stars, claiming it's the most boring thing they've ever read...ever. Now I have a 3 star average on US amazon, which will likely never change now. Not to mention my solitary review on UK amazon of 3 stars, from someone who didn't even finish reading.

True, the person who gave me the 1 star rating seems to rate everything low and is marked as mostly unhelpful by other readers, but still...the score is now emblazoned on the wall for all to see. I should just switch to writing Twilight fan fiction.

:cattears:

I'll give you a 5 star, pm me the link, I can tell it's quite good without even reading whatever it is.

+1

Cheers guys :catsalute:

Actually the 1 star one review is even worse as she says 'most boring book ever and I've scanned a lot' :cerious:

It isn't the mist boring book ever. I know, I've scanned more than the other reviewer who was lying . Pm link +10

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

ive already said it but i like my facebook. my feed is full of interesting shit all the time, discussions from producers, local gear shop owners and enthusiasts, alot of the random people ive only met once while drunk and general nutters. I think if you've added shitey people, your gonna have a shitey facebook.

Yeah plus one for this, my Facebook feed is usually really interesting too. Suspended my account a couple of months ago in a bid to become slightly more productive but it's not really working - think it's time I just accepted the fact that I am in fact a master of the art of procrastination. Pretty pleased with myself for managing to go cold turkey though, thought it would be way more difficult to go without FB but it's actually really easy.

^ yeah I mean, this is the fwp thread after all. Just throwing some perspective. By the way, it is about time you link us to your book... just sayin

I have no qualms linking it, just forgot to put a permanent link in my sig. I did mention it in the reading thread. Perhaps that's where my negative review came from--a traitorous WATMM'er!

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Rescue-Children-That-Dont-Exist-ebook/dp/B00IDVR0ME

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rescue-Children-That-Dont-Exist-ebook/dp/B00IDVR0ME/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1392727526&sr=1-1&keywords=how+to+rescue+children

It should be available in all other countries with Amazon too, but I can't be bothered to list all the different variants. Also I wish the book had a better title but I couldn't think of one.

Yeah plus one for this, my Facebook feed is usually really interesting too. Suspended my account a couple of months ago in a bid to become slightly more productive but it's not really working - think it's time I just accepted the fact that I am in fact a master of the art of procrastination. Pretty pleased with myself for managing to go cold turkey though, thought it would be way more difficult to go without FB but it's actually really easy.

Only a couple of ppl on my FB are drama queens, but most are just boring. Main reason I keep mine open is to keep in touch with mates I met during my time in Japan, but that was ages ago. At least there's sometimes interesting stuff from some pages I follow. I deactivated my account for the first couple of months this year, but reopened it since.

Edited by ambermonk

*wants to pre-order Amen Andrews EP + another Vibert EP*

*checks Norman, no Amen Andrews spotted*

*bums out, bows head and navigates to Blerp*

*add both to basket, adds another few EPs/CDs, checks out*

*order will be sent in three packages, so you pay three times the shipping costs*

*Blerps out*

i had the perfect reply for the smart music people thread but it's locked :((

that just proves that people who have to study a lot don't have time to enjoy cool musics... ¯\(シ)/¯
Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Guest HokusPoker

I've eaten so much I don't feel like walking over to my family's house anymore to eat the potato soup my mother offered me earlier.

this is less first world-y and more just world-y, but...

Today the landlordish dude of my building started talking my ear off while I was on the stoop smoking. He said his son is so out of control that he doesn't know what to do, and when he himself was a kid his father would just smack him when he did something wrong...and this man's son just keeps making bad decisions, no matter how much he hits him...and how his son threatens to slit his throat while he's sleeping or burn the house down, and "he's the fucked-up one but he thinks I'm the fucked-up one..."

*sigh*

this is less first world-y and more just world-y, but...

Today the landlordish dude of my building started talking my ear off while I was on the stoop smoking. He said his son is so out of control that he doesn't know what to do, and when he himself was a kid his father would just smack him when he did something wrong...and this man's son just keeps making bad decisions, no matter how much he hits him...and how his son threatens to slit his throat while he's sleeping or burn the house down, and "he's the fucked-up one but he thinks I'm the fucked-up one..."

*sigh*

Both my parents had the "well MY folks hit me and I turned out alright, so that must be good for kids" point of view. Which is totally, completely, utterly wrong. Hitting kids is how we make serial killers.

i had a spanked arse a few times when i was younger, and it did me good. i learnt not to cross the line and be a wee dick. it only happened on three occasions, each time i did something genuinely destructive. the best one was me and my brother painting every single bit of our (white) house that we could reach with a mixture of axl grease and smashed up coal dust.